·
Registered
1,513 Posts
On the link they are 240 x 22mm ??

·
Vendor
47,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I did wonder about that, thought it might be the size of the bell rather than the disc.

Further down it says:

330mm Diameter
32mm Thick
6 Bolts (7” PCD)
55MM Pad
Bolt Centre: 177.8mm

·
Registered
310 Posts

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
I used a set of Hi Spec units of the clio with floating bells and 6 pot calipers... worked faultlessly for three years and had ten fixings for the disc to bell.

Never used the above make though

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I know there has been other threads in the past, but has anyone ever used two piece front discs on their 156 GTA?

A google search led me to these on Comp-brake's website, anyone ever used them?

Alfa Romeo GTV Front 2-Piece Brake Disc Conversion Kit [Bell/Rotor Combo] Pair - 2 Piece Disc Conversions, Alfa Romeo, GTV - www.compbrake.com

£528 a pair, so not cheap, but not too exorbitant either.
Get's expensive if you're tracking it when replacement rotors are £372/ pair.

I suppose you could argue they will last longer as they're less likely to warp though. However, this is somewhat subjective in that it's pad deposits on the disc that make it feel like it's warped and that on't change with floating discs.

·
Vendor
47,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get's expensive if you're tracking it when replacement rotors are £372/ pair.

I suppose you could argue they will last longer as they're less likely to warp though. However, this is somewhat subjective in that it's pad deposits on the disc that make it feel like it's warped and that on't change with floating discs.
Skimming a couple of thou off isn't dear though. At £372 a pair you'd only replace them when you really had to. But you'd feel those extra few kilos less all the time.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Around 3 kg per wheel lighter.

·
Vendor
47,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got some two piece 330x32 discs from a K-Sport 8 pot kit and just weighed one now, 8.4kg. Standard 330mm discs are 10.4kg each side so a 2kg difference.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
look good but the weight is listed as 10Kg so might as well have 1 piece disks...

Edit: Unless that means 10kg for 2?

·
Vendor
47,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
look good but the weight is listed as 10Kg so might as well have 1 piece disks...

Edit: Unless that means 10kg for 2?
They can't mean 5kg a piece, even the 305s are 7.something kilo a piece.

I bet its an approximation, I can't see why they look 1.5kg heavier than the ones I've got.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I've got some two piece 330x32 discs from a K-Sport 8 pot kit and just weighed one now, 8.4kg. Standard 330mm discs are 10.4kg each side so a 2kg difference.
I make that 4kg difference in unsprung mass which is quite a saving really!

I was originally going to make the switch but in the end i just couldn't justify for a road car.
Plus if i was doing it i would go for a semi floating or fully floating disc and bell combo like my Brembo (305 GTA)conversion will be on my Capri track car.

They also look damn cool aswell and make people in the know look if you got 2 piece.

On the subject of MTEC i am sorry but i would not use them again especially on high end car. Stick with AP or Comp brake as those guys are very helpful and have good advice

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I have to say I have only bought one set of disks from Mtec but they didnt last a couple of hours on a track before I got judder, replaced them with some Brembos and they have been on 5 or 6 track days now with no issue.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
i have 330x28 on my 156, used ap racing. They lasted 3 years, 12 trackdays and could be used for a few more.

Difference in weight over normal 330x28 (330x32 is even heavier)

What callipers and pads were you using Alan?

·
Vendor
47,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
still using ;) gtv 305 brembos on homemade brackets, now mounted on my race 156
cheap and light combination

I guess the pad doesn't sweep the disc all the way to the centre of the hub?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts