1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in a set? 305s or 330s

should be about 30 to 40% lighter.....

Anyone fancy a set? Not cheap at about 200 each

·
Vendor
46,588 Posts
330x32mm for me please, where can you get them?

How much for the replacement outer pieces?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quite a bit of interest then!

Will get back to you all next week. Going to visit manufacturer hopefully next week

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quite a bit of interest then!

Will get back to you all next week. Going to visit manufacturer hopefully next week

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone got a worn single piece 330 to use as a template for offset etc?

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
How do you get 30-40% lighter at that price point? Alfastumper have their own corse 330 2 piece semi floating discs and the weight difference is stated on their website as 22% reduced weight compared to original 330x32mm Brake Discs. (8.1 kg vs 10.3 kg). Also they sell the discs for best part of £500

The only thing I can think is that Zeatek are vastly overpriced or the materials specs are vastly different or by £200 each you mean a set will cost £400 :)

·
Registered
30,252 Posts
Anyone got a worn single piece 330 to use as a template for offset etc?
Probably better to use a new disc as a template!

Anyway, hub face to back of disc is 45mm.
Same for both 305 and 330 discs.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
£200 each estimate - so £400 for pair

rotors (grooved) are then approx 130 each

read the 40% on the web - all I know is that they feel a fair bit different

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
£200 each estimate - so £400 for pair

rotors (grooved) are then approx 130 each

read the 40% on the web - all I know is that they feel a fair bit different
Okay, be good to clarify weight difference between standard that I posted earlier, also when the rotors are worn what would be the potential cost of a new one and how easy to purchase would they be?

Are they a fully floating or semi floating design or just rotors fixed to an alloy bell, the latter may not be good due to the differences in the coefficient of linear expansion for materials with different thermal properties, i.e cast iron rotors and aluminium bells.

To be honest I don't know much about them so they might not even make them like that but it's worth asking the question, can't be too careful where brakes are considered.

G

·
What's the difference between fully floating, semi-floating and alloy bell ? Google cannot enlighten me.

PS. I am interested as well.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
What's the difference between fully floating, semi-floating and alloy bell ? Google cannot enlighten me.

PS. I am interested as well.
Have a look here mate, it's a matter of how the rotor is attached to the bell to allow for braking force differences and heat expansion of the disc as I said above.

Floating Disc Mounting

and

http://www.apracing.com/info/info.asp?section=Disc+Mounting_35

:)

From the research I've done it seems fully floating tends to be for race spec and semi floating is good for fast road cars

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Ahhh, I see where your coming from, I'm in the process of getting the cash together for an upgrade and revisiting getting the GTA kit that KSport do

K-Sport Big Brake Kits for European and Japanese Vehicles

They've recently changed their products not sure if this is under pressure from AP as (from what I;d read on the net) they were selling chinese made copies of the 6 and 8 pot AP racing big brake kits.

The calipers look a slightly different design now but have consistantly won in various motorsport. The 8 pot 330 setup is £680 ex vat includes braided cables and mounting brackets and all the bits you need, you can upgrade the pads to Ds2500, Performance Friction etc if required.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
We have been supplying alloy bells and Brembo discs in 330mm both for GTA's and Brera/159but I am afraid your £400,00 price tag is on the very optimistic side,bolts and fixings alone cost around £200.00:)
Weight saving is about 40%.
Take a look at JBSmiths brera thread for the difference in stopping power with those.:)

1 - 20 of 88 Posts