Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Vendor
45,421 Posts
Why is the BMW called a 2 series, the 1 series coupe is now called a 2 series right? Doesn't seem to fit their naming convention.

·
Registered
33,673 Posts
The three series coupe is a four series now. It's revenue /status based. So why not call a one series coupe a two series if you can get more out of the leasers!

·
Vendor
45,421 Posts
The three series coupe is a four series now. It's revenue /status based. So why not call a one series coupe a two series if you can get more out of the leasers!
They already are calling the new 1 series coupe a 2 series. What I don't understand is why they are also calling this thing a 2 series Active Tourer? When it doesn't appear to share any of its underpinnings with the 2 series?

·
Registered
33,673 Posts
They've long since forgotten to put a 2.0 engine in a 320 so it's the effect of the bits rather than what you get . It's like chocolatey, chocolate flavour or chocolate flavoured. Each has a different meaning !

·
Registered
14,570 Posts
Do MB now consider it a challenge to see how much shiny tat they can stick on their cars.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
can you still buy those World Car Guides that used to be published annually? They showed every model from every manufacturer. Kicking around a BMW showroom today, was an interesting view into how the much the range has ballooned (I'll admit that I'm out of touch).

So what's based on what at BMW these days? Is a 4 series a bigger three series? A 2 series a bigger 1 series or a smaller 3 series?

i8 looked fab, though :cool:

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
You know, it was in my head to put i for a wider audience, but it still got typed as j. :lol:
That said, they could have the oppertunity to produce the first factorised car; 2(1 + j).

What a pair of awful machines. It's okay, there are still 10 more days '2+2j free', before they infest the roads.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I loved those world car guides got a fair few of them, they don’t seem to exist anymore!!

My parents had a 12Plate Merc B Class 180 as a courtesy car for 6 weeks, I don’t think it’s a bad looking car, it was nice to drive and very spacious, Id never buy one but for what it was it was pretty nice! The only thing I could pick at was considering MB was supposed to be a premium model, the car only came with ''Artico'' synthetic leather :vomit:

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
Is Artico the material that used to be called MBTex?

·
Registered
33,673 Posts
The B class is premium ?
An overpriced/heavily discounted Turkish thing that would not sell without the badge.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts