Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
I recognise the SW from when I was hunting, for sale in Hertfordshire, I think, as a part ex - looks like it scrubbed up very nicely!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Edward my SW is Cosmos Blue, amazing how many times it's mistaken for black:rolleyes:

Markwg, I've spent alot of time and elbow grease bring it back to full glory seeing as though the previous owner didn't bother cleaning her to often it seemed. She was auctioned off by Palmers afla in Hemel Hempstead in April 2011, the previous owner traded in for a Brera. He spent a fortune on keeping her mechanically sorted but not alot cosmetically, but then it was no bother as I enjoyed valeting the car using clays, compounds and different grade wax and polishes.

Flame_out, I used my mobile which for a smart phone has an inadequate camera which was unable to get all three in shot without being a mile away.:rolleyes: Good day though fella and enjoyed your company mate:thumbs:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Palmers in Hemel, yep, I remember: it was parked at the back, we got it running but couldn't get a drive in it. As you say, well maintained, but needed some tlc, which it has obviously now had! I couldn't make the maths work in the end, I think you got a bargain, iirc :thumbs:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Mark, it was a complete bargain mate. I didn't think that at the time though, I remember seeing it in the flesh after I had won her and thinking how drab she looked, the paint work almost had a textured feel to it and the wheels were a mess. The thing that stuckk out the most was the drivers side seat, although not damaged the blue insert looked like it had worn away. But once I got her home I used some warm soapy water and hey presto it came up as good as new, the water was black from years of grease and grime on the seat. I was actually surprised at how well the whole car came up:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts