Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Searched but didn't find any mention of this. My knob is twisted! :) Instead of the gear layout diagram being at 90degrees to front, i.e. - it's twisted around so it's now about 60degrees towards the passenger, i.e. \ (though not quite that far round)
Has anyone else had this issue, and would a new gear knob solve it? Small problem I know, but damned annoying to look at.

Thanks
Ian

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've intermittently had this trouble. The thread got caught up with some dust and didn't twist the whole way. Only issue now is that it goes too far. I don't particularly want to glue in position so i've been experimenting with rubber tap washers to sit in the top (not go around the thread) and keep it from being able to screw on too far. Not found the right thickness yet though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like a solution....keep me posted. I'll have a think and try something similar, cheers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, but I think twisting it further round may damage the thread.

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
I had the same issue.. lock-tight fixed it right up

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Used a couple of rolled up bits of thick paper (making sure I can get them out with tweezers) and just packed them inside the knob.

Hey presto - my knob is now as straight as the day it was made!

And with the red-stitched gaitors and armrest covers everything is looking much better!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts