Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need 4 and nuts, had to cut the originals off due to severly rounded heads, I managed to smash a 16mm socket on but the bolt head is rounded also, cue angle grinder..:lol:

So anyone have any they could post to me..:thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I need 4 and nuts, had to cut the originals off due to severly rounded heads, I managed to smash a 16mm socket on but the bolt head is rounded also, cue angle grinder..:lol:

So anyone have any they could post to me..:thumbs::thumbs:
Why not go to your local DIY store and just buy some (just make sure they are the correct hardness), or failing that visit the dealer?? Probably 20-30p each from somewhere like B&Q.

Or am I missing something :confused:

·
Registered
10,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why not go to your local DIY store and just buy some (just make sure they are the correct hardness), or failing that visit the dealer?? Probably 20-30p each from somewhere like B&Q.

Or am I missing something :confused:

The tensile strength with bolts at the likes of B&Q is what worries me, I could ask there staff, may as well ask the dog.......think I am sorted with some from a scrapped car in Liverpool.:)

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
The tensile strength with bolts at the likes of B&Q is what worries me, I could ask there staff, may as well ask the dog.......think I am sorted with some from a scrapped car in Liverpool.:)
Yup, as long as you make sure the tensile strength is up to specs, then theres no problem.

Not sure of the situation in the UK, but ive bought many bolts for mine over the years from the local farm store at about 20-30p per item (or cheaper!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts