Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Just wondering if any one can recommend a nice sounding stainless steel back box for my 166 2.0. I need to change it and thought it might be worth getting a stainless one. It might be cool to have a bit more noise too. I know a 4 cylinder is never gonna sound like the v6 but has anyone had any success with something off the shelf?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Hey. Just wondering if any one can recommend a nice sounding stainless steel back box for my 166 2.0. I need to change it and thought it might be worth getting a stainless one. It might be cool to have a bit more noise too. I know a 4 cylinder is never gonna sound like the v6 but has anyone had any success with something off the shelf?
I've got a wizard on my 156 1.8, sounds great.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Wizard systems sound fantastic and are excellent quality! You do pay for that craftsmanship but they certainly seem to be worth every penny! I believe you can contact Pud237 and he can give you some more information regarding a Wizard system. But I'm not sure if they offer any off the shelf 166 systems or not. You would need to contact him and find out.

Otherwise you could look into a Ragazzon which are really popular and generally seem to be looked upon favourably.

Though for those sorts of prices you should be able to get something made up locally and they would be able to help you meet your noise and sound parameters and would probably come in a little cheaper than a Ragazzon potentially.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks for the advice. There is a company near here that make exhausts up so may ask them for a quote. Might change the rest of the exhaust too as it all looks well past its prime!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts