Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

My '98 Twin Spark's speedo is currently a UK unit with MPH on the outside ring and KPH on the inside ring, however I've seen photos of KPH only instrument clusters/speedometers. Has anyone seen one for sale?

Malta's KPH-only, and to go for a spirited drive with the speedo only moving in the lower third of the dial gets to me!

Thanks everybody!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi all!

My '98 Twin Spark's speedo is currently a UK unit with MPH on the outside ring and KPH on the inside ring, however I've seen photos of KPH only instrument clusters/speedometers. Has anyone seen one for sale?

Malta's KPH-only, and to go for a spirited drive with the speedo only moving in the lower third of the dial gets to me!

Thanks everybody!
Be aware if you change the whole speedo/ rev counter cluster, the Odometer reading will change, because the reading is stored in the unit

The best way is to source just the dial face - involves dismantling the cluster. Taking off the speedo needle and replacing the MPH/KPH face with a KPH face - fairly simple

Another consideration is that the Odometer will stay in miles, if you want that changed to kms then the only option is to change the whole cluster with the inconvenience of the reading being from the other car

I may still have a KPH only face I can post to you. I’ll have a look later

Rich ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Be aware if you change the whole speedo/ rev counter cluster, the Odometer reading will change, because the reading is stored in the unit

The best way is to source just the dial face - involves dismantling the cluster. Taking off the speedo needle and replacing the MPH/KPH face with a KPH face - fairly simple

Another consideration is that the Odometer will stay in miles, if you want that changed to kms then the only option is to change the whole cluster with the inconvenience of the reading being from the other car

I may still have a KPH only face I can post to you. I’ll have a look later

Rich ?
If you have a KPH only face it would be perfect! I don't mind the Odometer in miles, but I really would like to be better able to judge my speed at the cameras :p

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Is this what you need?

If you have a KPH only face it would be perfect! I don't mind the Odometer in miles, but I really would like to be better able to judge my speed at the cameras :p
Hi

The speedo unit is from a Ph1 Spider (actually a 3.0 v6 12V) but I'm pretty sure it will work with your car

I can send the speedo unit or just the black dial face - see pics, PM me with your address and I post it to you - probably max £10 to Cyprus for the whole unit else letter rates for the black dial face alone - let me know which you want me to send

Rich ;)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts