Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Been a while for me. This weekend changed the belts and pulleys on my 166 four pot. And yes, I did use a dti gauge and camshaft locking tools, and the tensioner tools. Took six hours still! Whoever did it before me didn't use the right tools though, as the valve timing was out and the tension on both belts was well out.

If anyone is thinking of doing the same, I'm happy to offer any advice. ��

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Hi all. Been a while for me. This weekend changed the belts and pulleys on my 166 four pot. And yes, I did use a dti gauge and camshaft locking tools, and the tensioner tools. Took six hours still! Whoever did it before me didn't use the right tools though, as the valve timing was out and the tension on both belts was well out.

If anyone is thinking of doing the same, I'm happy to offer any advice. ��
Nice one Septic:thumbup:

A couple of nice days up here at the weekend and I goat TIas dun too. I think the 3.2 IF not dun 100 % pwoperly then it jumps a tooth. Now spot on.

(dons flameproof protection ) IF I ever downgrade I'll gie ewe a bell :biglaugh:

Pomeo

Spent mare time finding bits I dropped than doing the actual job. The best tools I have ever bought is the magnetic pick up wie the led oan the end and the picjk up retracible claw for use IF no magnetic :paperbag:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts