Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got all my brakes upgraded back in January, Brembo Discs and pads. The rear left caliper was shot and actually shattered the remainder of the pad about 2 days before I got them done. Bought a cheap/used replacement for the time but this one is on it's way out now, anyone used the Ridex ones from Autodoc? On a bit of a budget at the minute so as long as it's new and works, I'm happy! Just wanted to know if anyone's used them

TIA,

Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: Ordered a LUCAS/TRW parts one for 40 quid on eBay. Most suppliers suggest Pagid or Mintex (expensive) nowadays hence why TRW (OEM) are so cheap!

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Pagid, Mintex & Textar are brands supplied by Euro Car Parts and their online Car Parts For Less which gives them a monoply on pricing for less brands due to ownership/rights. The special deals ECP do can be good but their non-offer pricing is high so it is normal to be able to get cheaper.

I think much of the stuff can be quite cheap for our cars these days as no one wants to keep stock in warehouses. Give it time and when stock runs out it will become hard to find and expensive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts