Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week the fan on my 155 burnt out, due to high temp. and a big traffic jam. (I live in the Philippines) My local dealer recommends converting the single 155 fan to a double GTV (fwd) set up has anyone had experience of the same and can anyone recommend where I can buy the double fan unit online, as the dealer wants to charge me over $500 (fitted).

Thanks

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
DO you not fancy making your own twin fan unit? I'm sure it would be pretty easy with parts from a scrap yard - a couple of similar fans, a couple of relays wired to your existing temperature switch. I reckon you could knock one up for less than $100!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rich,

Thanks for your suggestion, perhaps if I was in the UK or somewhere similar I might take up on it - but doing it for myself here in Manila would not be either very fun or very safe! You are also making the gross assumption that I have a clue what I should be doing!!! :)

I have now taken the plunge and had it repaired just under US$800 (fully supplied and fitted in <48hrs) though, those nice people at Alfatech could get me a new one for >$300 (just for the fan). So next time I will buy any new parts from them and just have them fitted locally. Provided I can be without my baby for that long that is!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts