Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just wondering if there are any practical options or even ‘not too impractical’ as I want this quite badly. Probably end up on a 57 plate 147 Q2.

Thanks 🤓

·
Registered
13 Posts
It is possible. A shop called JTD performance in the Netherlands does have it, I happened to see it while browsing.
Here's the link. Don't ask me anything technical, since I'm a noob. I just remembered it does exist for the 147. :rotate:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hello, just wondering if there are any practical options or even ‘not too impractical’ as I want this quite badly. Probably end up on a 57 plate 147 Q2.

Thanks 🤓
I would not waste a lot of money on expensive prebuilt exhaust solutions. A good exhaust shop can easily build you a 2 side exhaust for the 147. You just need a Y pipe after the cat. It is the easiest if you remove the muffler and run straight pipe after the cat, if it is legal in you country.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
powerflow made my old 1.9 156 exhaust.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Why? Just how it looks? It won't work better, the exhaust isn't restrictive. Save money!Just fit a dummy tailpipe on the right. In fact, why not more? There's room for at least 10 :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why? Just how it looks? It won't work better, the exhaust isn't restrictive. Save money!Just fit a dummy tailpipe on the right. In fact, why not more? There's room for at least 10 :)
Hehe, a very fair point ! 🤓. Lots of disconnected thoughts as my answers .....

If there wasn’t a ‘cutout’ in the rear bumper, it would never have crossed my mind to lust after the conversion.

I suppose I enjoy having a ‘peasant spec’ car that projects no ego type statement like a Brera would. BUT there’s no point being cheap and doing without every simple pleasure. This is where the dummy tailpipe would fail to tick the box.

I have a fleet of three facelift 147 jtd’s that I expect will see me out as a driver although may not work out like that.

All the exhaust systems are original 12year old and the rear silencer box does look a bit naff. So one investment that could be transferred across to the favoured vehicle has a certain appeal.

My mate has several Jaguars of various eras from E type to current. All with twin smokers...

The 147s are in my opinion a bit of a shopping trolley especially in facelift version. Anything that gets away from that works for me. I’d go as far as to stick a prefacelift front end on the black Q2 if I find a breaker with clean panels. Not sure if the carbonio black is available on pre facelift ? (Only consider converting a black car as the rubber fenders are effectively invisible on a black car).

I expect the way to go is to get something made up in the way of a back box delete and indulge myself a little with the budget .

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Yes, dummy pipes would be a chav crime against Alfa. The poor thing would think it's a Vauxhall with a 15" sub in the boot. Collapsing spring pans would give it 'stance'.

I think I must be odd in liking the 147 (and 156) even more with the FL front. Don't tell anyone, but I even prefer it to the GT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts