Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard a twang noise from the suspension when "nipping" round a sharp bend in road or with a nearly full car. My car is a 2.0 156jts just over 12 months old. Noise is usualy on the up-stroke, sounds like tapping spring with small hammer.
:(

·
Registered
269 Posts
nickt said:
Has anyone heard a twang noise from the suspension when "nipping" round a sharp bend in road or with a nearly full car. My car is a 2.0 156jts just over 12 months old. Noise is usualy on the up-stroke, sounds like tapping spring with small hammer.
Yes this seems to be an Alfa feature:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=31052

If you find out what it is please let us know!

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
nickt said:
Your lucky....mine gets hit with a large Hammer.. ;)
I wonder if this is a recent feature?, my W reg (Year 2000) Car didn't have this little jolly :confused:

W

·
0 Posts
Perhaps it on the way to being a hammer blow? I get this if I plough into a corner with heavy breaking....so I don't do it anymore :rant:

A ker-tung would be easier on the ears than a huge BANG :eek:

wrinx

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks thats another alfa-quirk to add to the list :rolleyes: . but that doesn't make it any less of a pleasure to drive.. :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
my front left suspension has started to squeak (at least i think that's where it's coming from) only over sharp bumps.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am in the same boat as Grif and Ian. A 98 R TS, has just started about a week ago and seems to be getting worse, now driving around with the stereo off so i can hear it (is that just me or all alfa owners, ha ha). When i rock it from outside i cant hear it, wonder if it is something to do with the bushes around the driveshaft area.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
rejoyce laddies, when you hear the twang noise you're still driving, that's more than other brands with twang noises can say... :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts