Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Very nice :D

TVR needs it's halo product now more than ever.....wish 'em luck!

·
Registered
38,461 Posts
I hope it does well, I love TVR's.
The only thing is the pricing, since moving upmarket and increasing their prices they have struggled. I know the cars are far quicker than most Ferrari's and Porches they do lack the sophistication which puts some people off. Not that I am worried I love a bit of old fashioned power and grunt its just I wish they would fit them with ABS and airbags...

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jed said:
Very nice :D

TVR needs it's halo product now more than ever.....wish 'em luck!
I wonder where that term has come from?

Halo Product, it seems to have only come up recently (to me) could it be derived from the success of the video game Halo, many buyers of the first xbox only bought it for this game.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hopefully it will be more driveable than the Speed 12...which is still one of my favourite cars even if it was a bit of a disaster

·
Registered
457 Posts
To me it was a disaster - if it made production, as it was intended for (and for which they had a good few orders) then it would have been a success. The fact there was only one (which is still occassionally driven and does look insane) which was completed means it was a disaster IMHO.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I love TVR and have been sadden over the last two years with regards to their poor sales. I would love another one, especially one of the latest generation of flame spitting monsters.

As for ABS and airbags, they will have to fit them to compete against Porsche etc. but i will be sad to see the day a TVR goes safe! Mine was one of the best drivers cars i have ever had, problem is you have to drive it not the other way around.

Speed 12 was mad, rumour has it that Peter Wheeler drove it down the road and back, got out and said 'we can't sell that to the public it's insane' end of production! :lol:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
moynesey said:
Speed 12 was mad, rumour has it that Peter Wheeler drove it down the road and back, got out and said 'we can't sell that to the public it's insane' end of production!
Only one word for that...

AWESOME!!!

:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts