Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...as some may know, I work from home & am my own boss - I do actually manage to produce some work in between posting here :lol:

Mrs Jon is off work today & just 'tutted' @ me for being on the forum & commented 'you should be working' :mad: :rant: :mad:

No mention of all the early mornings / late nights I've put in to try & keep on top of my work while She has been ill over the last coupla weeks & I have been juggling cooking / washing / tidying / taking Euan to school / picking Him up & entertaining Him to keep Him out of His mum's hair :mad: :rant: :mad:

Mrs Jon - don't be a Cossiebag :tut:

Rant over, She is now watching telly upstairs :p

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the point Ghibbho - I am currently running the following programs:

AutoCAD - 2 drawings active
MS Excel - one invoice spread sheet, job book & a set of calculations open
MS Word - inspection report open
C-Beam - basically a beam analysis program
IE - with AO open

I generally flick between them as I see fit :rolleyes:

I predict a 'moody silence' because of this 'encounter' :eek: :lol:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you watching 'This Morning' too ;) :lol:
Deffo not :eek: - but I had to listen to the Jeremy Kyle show - surely that is a much bigger distraction :lol:

I suggest a bit of return tutting.:)

Oh there was, believe me :evil:

you use multiple monitors Jon? :)

No, just picking relevant tab from the taskbar suffices (do a bit of drawing, switch to calculations etc), not sure I could keep up with more than one monitor TBH :eek: :lol: - do you use them Brad?

*edit* - 8K :D

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
No, just picking relevant tab from the taskbar suffices (do a bit of drawing, switch to calculations etc), not sure I could keep up with more than one monitor TBH :eek: :lol: - do you use them Brad?

*edit* - 8K :D
I have done, and it's really helpful :) you keep one for your main task like autoCAD and the other for everything else :)2 screens are nice :D and if you can have more, go for it :D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have done, and it's really helpful :) you keep one for your main task like autoCAD and the other for everything else :)2 screens are nice :D and if you can have more, go for it :D
I guess it would make sense, when I am completing my calcs, the drawings usually need tweaking to suit - would be cool to fill the wall in front of me with flat screen monitors :D

·
Registered
467 Posts
That's the point Ghibbho - I am currently running the following programs:

AutoCAD - 2 drawings active
MS Excel - one invoice spread sheet, job book & a set of calculations open
MS Word - inspection report open
C-Beam - basically a beam analysis program
IE - with AO open

I generally flick between them as I see fit :rolleyes:

I predict a 'moody silence' because of this 'encounter' :eek: :lol:
I do similar at work, I have the following normally open

Excel - around 3 sessions each with difference data reports on
SAP BW (Creating and running queries through excel to produce the above data reports)
Outlook - need to keep 'in the loop' when it comes to email at work
Word - Usual reports open to update
Crystal Reports - again creating and running reports
IE - 2 tabs, one with BBC and one with AO on.

In my work once I set a report running and I have nothing else to do in the meantime, I have to sit and wait for it to finish - sometimes can take an hour or so depending on the report, so I like to peruse the BBC and AO for something to do. Got a bit of a b******ing last week as my so called boss was watching me. They don't actually do anything during the day and have absolutely naff all to do except meither everyone about something that they cannot do or understand!

Best of it is, as they have nothing to do all day they spend all day sat on the internet themselves

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
My Mrs tuts at me for being on AO, or having it running under other programs, then goes into the back room and logs onto chuffin BookFace.....dear me.

And I am at work now. No doubt the education service internet police will be along to cut my connection soon...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts