Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning AO World,
Does anyone on here know or recommend an alternative to the Tutela GI Hydraulic Oil, my P/Steering oil level is a bit on low side and I don't need a 80 mile round trip to AR Dealers today!! Is it a good idea to top up with alternative or best just not to?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi I go to the Casrol oil website and where it says "right oil for your car," I type in the reg number, and the complete list of oils for the car comes up. mine is the 2.4 diesel it recomends TQ-D. might be the same for yours, let me know how you get on. Steve

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi 156taxi thanks tried it mine's the 1.9 16v and i'm also Castrol TQ-D, only thing now is can i put it in on top of Tutela GI?? can't think of reason not to but not 100% sure. I assume if viscosity is same how can it affect anything?

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi 156taxi thanks tried it mine's the 1.9 16v and i'm also Castrol TQ-D, only thing now is can i put it in on top of Tutela GI?? can't think of reason not to but not 100% sure. I assume if viscosity is same how can it affect anything?
hello 156taxi, i did a google on oil comparisons and found Castrol ATF TQ-DIII £8 a litre, it is basically a Dextron III oil which is designed for low temp environments and hydraulic systems such as Auto Boxes and Power Steering systems. Anyway bought some, put in about 140ml to top up to full level, and did a few severe turns then went to places where my noise seems to kick off ie sharp turns at top of inclines when at low revs, silence........ perfect steering responce and no whine. will monitor over next week or so only concern is where has the fluid gone ? is there a leak? will post result.
be brave, give it a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts