Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following the successful purchase of a router after recommendations from the collective, I need further help.

I have an old budget Technics turntable that's past its best.

I need ideas for a turntable to go with my Marantz M-CR603 with Dali Zensor 1 speakers on Atacama stands.

Budget up to £500 and the wife is paying:eek:

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's how I was treat at a B&O shop in Harrogate many many years ago, they'd obviously sussed me as a lurker rather than a wallet opener:lol:

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
Turntables and vinyl are back apparently. Try your local place that sells DVDs, CDs etc they might be able to help you source something.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
First thing to note is the Marantz does not appear to have a phono input so you are either going to need a pre-amp or get a turntable with built in pre-amp (not recommended unless you want to use it to digitise your vinyl in which case most of the USB turntables have a pre-amp)

There are probably 2 manufacturers to look at Project & Rega - Project Debut Carbon or Rega RP1.

If you want a USB one then the new AUDIO TECHNICA LP5 gets goodish reviews but sonucally it isn't as good as the other two. It has a built in pre-amp.

Is there a Super-fi or Richer Sounds near you? If so take a trip but perhaps leave your wallet at home and buy online to save a few bob.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yep, Richer Sounds is on my radar when I visit my son in Leeds in the next few weeks, just to get an idea. I bought my old Cambridge Audio amp and B&W speakers from there many moons ago. My son has these.

I have read an article in one of the broadsheets that listed the top ten in my budget, the pro-ject ones get some really good reviews along with one of the Rega's that has a phono stage.

I've still doing my homework but Pro-ject and Rega are names that keep being mentioned.

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
I know old McIntouch brand ( Sorry If wrong ) is good.
My friend ask me a favor to bring ( by hand ) two analogue amplifiers unit from middle Russia in St.Pbrg.
I had a business trip to RostovDon.
I had agreed since I never knew how much kilos it was.
I hate him and all retro melody- men now. But his McIntouch looks and works good.
:biglaugh:

·
Registered
4,094 Posts

·
Banned
3,110 Posts

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Exactly... I am not a music dedicated guy this way.
But this jumping analogue's amplifier arrows makes me crazy.
It is also crazy to put speakers onto marble plate with three needles for better sound.
He is guru. I can ask him if you need some particular advice.
:thumbup:

Way out of my league thanks BG:biglaugh::thumbup:

A system like that would require me to sell a kidney or the wife:biglaugh:

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was seriously looking last year and narrowed my choices to
Project debut carbon
Rega RP1
Onkyo CP1050
I didn't buy at all in the end - I refurbished a 70s Trio KD1033B instead.
Yep, all those have come up in my search:thumbup:

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i am sorry. I am out of dedicated pricing for this.
Where exist nice joke about mumiey... ( non sure how you call it again... )
is it free bee's she.at or highly expensive medicine ???...
:biglaugh:
Не понимаю

1 - 20 of 57 Posts