Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I'll come clean & explain I'm Ucking savage.
I was waiting behind a Transit at the lights he pulled of as lights changed( maybe a bit slowly mm) & indicated he was turning right ,so was i, this plonker from the opposite set of lights was also turning right & decided that the van,who was halfway into the corner ,was not going to get around before him. So he race's across the lights ,throws his car into the corner forcing the van to stop as he(car) races off down the road?? Van composes himself after the shock i guess & pulls off, I am at this point halfway over the line & when van goes so do I. As I do Camera light flashes & I have a £60 fine & have to go to the naughty boys speeding class...speeding. its that or get 3 points, the clutch was barely off the bite!! What will hurt the most is having to eat humle pie about me speeding :eek::confused:
So please show consideration & commonsense Audi S6 drivers & understand the rights of way are not always yours just cos your car is bigger,shinier & faster than most..you Fecking dork!

Or in a more mature tone:
Why when turning tight at a crossroads do people try & cross in front of the other car turning right?
So they have stopped to turn right you have to stop to turn right so now no one can see the oncoming traffic...crazy.
Pass each other & turn behind the other bloody car then we can all see the oncoming traffic & safely turn right before the lights change & get caught up frenzy of abuse as the traffic launches themselves towards you as its now their right of way Lol.
The 1st way helped me though Snarrl:rant:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So please show consideration & commonsense Audi S6 drivers & understand the rights of way are not always yours just cos your car is bigger,shinier & faster than most..you Fecking dork!
Some others have got upset about me and others going on and on about this, but the majority of time when bad driving is involved, it is an Audi or a BMW.

Or in a more mature tone:
Why when turning tight at a crossroads do people try & cross in front of the other car turning right?
It's a kind of etiquette. If there are 2 streams of traffic at either side waiting to turn right it is easier for both to turn right in front of each other than do the whole round each other ballet thing, especially if a traffic light crossroads where both right turn signals are on green or the only manoeuvres occurring at the junction at the time.

But you are right, it does block your view, but it seems to be what most people do.

Highway code suggests as you do:

157: When turning at a cross roads where an oncoming vehicle is also turning right, there is a choice of two methods

* turn right side to right side; keep the other vehicle on your right and turn behind it. This is generally the safest method as you have a clear view of any approaching traffic when completing your turn
* left side to left side, turning in front of each other. This can block your view of oncoming vehicles, so take extra care.

Road layout, markings or how the other vehicle is positioned can determine which course should be taken.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts