Registered
1,687 Posts
Welcome to AO

Cheers
MC

·
Super Moderator
9,437 Posts
Yes it does, but when I read the other posts about how awful this place is and what an inconsistent and over zealous moderator I am why would anyone bother joining? I really do wonder about what goes through people's minds when they post stuff like that on public forums. It's hardly sending out a welcoming message, is it?

·
Super Moderator
9,437 Posts
Thanks Keithy. You made me smile :)

It's the same old, same old :rolleyes: Really, why, with grumpy folk posting what an awful place this is (current forum members as well), would anyone want to join? No doubt the guy moaning about me wrecking the place is someone I've stood up to and he can't hack that, but still.

·
Super Moderator
9,437 Posts
I've added those names to the list for Admin.

Sorry if that was a bit too over-zealous of me.

Was it consistent enough?

Going into sarcasm melt down........

:cheese:

·
Super Moderator
9,437 Posts
Thanks Tommy :) As I said on the PH thread I think any comments were probably just sour grapes from people who I've had to deal with in the past.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Ha J, You can't please all the people all the time :eek:

So carry on doing what you're doing and all will come good :)

·
Super Moderator
9,437 Posts
Realise that Les :) There's always some plonker there ready to put the boot in :lol:

Anyway, hopefully these lovely people wanting to join will soon join our happy ranks ;)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Yes it does, but when I read the other posts about how awful this place is and what an inconsistent and over zealous moderator I am why would anyone bother joining? I really do wonder about what goes through people's minds when they post stuff like that on public forums. It's hardly sending out a welcoming message, is it?

paintergirl: Thanks for responding so quickly - your post on PH hopefully will put a 'human' face to AO.
I will monitor the thread on PH and advise if the problem re-occurs.

Being a moderator is a pretty thankless task and speaking for myself (and I'm sure most on AO) really appreciate all the hard work put in by all you Moderators and Regional Reps etc.

·
Premium Member
13,135 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Alfaspecial :thumbs:
People forget that the reps and mods are just other members of the forum trying to help out, with little thanks and no pay. If those people are thinking 'Over Zealous' maybe they need to look in the mirror ;)

·
Super Moderator
9,437 Posts
Alfaspecial :thumbs: Thanks :) It really means a great deal to be appreciated because what we do is important to us. We want to keep the site running smoothly, regardless of what is happening in terms of site ownership. We can't go back, so we go forward.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts