Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it says I would like to know if it's possible to turn the stupid three zone AC off and have it function as a one zone system....ie the temps in all three areas go up and down at the same time rather than having to adjust three separate controls. Who ever thought it was a good idea and thought it would actually work was clearly drunk...the warm air on one side of the car can't stop mixing with the cold air in the other or the middling temp air in the back...ie all ends up one temperature anyway! I've read a few suggestions on this site such as pushing and holding the drivers AUTO button and a couple of other ways...none work. Nothing in my manual either. Mine is a later model without the MONO button the early ones have...pity. Anyone know....thanks in advance if you do!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Pressing and holding (maybe 3-5 seconds) the drivers AUTO button works on mine (only dual zone). This links both sides and you can adjust both sides at the same time with the drivers side controls, same same temperature for both.
Maybe you have a left hand drive control module, try pressing the passenger AUTO button?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried both sides...no go. Maybe it's just not possible on the 3 zone version?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yes it is possible on the 3 zone version.
When I turn of the rear control or change the temperature/settings for the passenger side, I have to press the drivers side AUTO button for about 5 seconds.
It takes a little bit longer than would feel "right" for me. It will not give any audio/visual feedback, other than it will set the fan direction and temperature for all zones to the same settings (and turn the rear zone back on if it is off)
Note that "drivers side" for me is the left hand side.

If you have MES or AlfaOBD maybe check the climate control computer. Might have some fault codes stored (had a few in mine, but never caused any issues)

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are right.....I was not holding it for long enough. Drivers side auto button to turn it to MONO....passenger side AUTO button to turn it back to 3 zone. Only problem is that as soon as a rear seat passenger adjusts the rear temp knob it also switched back to 3 zone….pity as one of the main reasons I wanted to set it to MONO was to stop my 10 year old son turning it right up or down to be funny!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
You are right.....I was not holding it for long enough. Drivers side auto button to turn it to MONO....passenger side AUTO button to turn it back to 3 zone. Only problem is that as soon as a rear seat passenger adjusts the rear temp knob it also switched back to 3 zone….pity as one of the main reasons I wanted to set it to MONO was to stop my 10 year old son turning it right up or down to be funny!!
I tried this earlier too after reading this thead... also happy to confirm it works!

And my 9 year son insists on sitting in the front as to him heated seats are the most exciting thing this side of Santa. (And after upgrading from a 36 yr old Porsche mid-winter, I'm not far behind him :whistle:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I tried this earlier too after reading this thread... also happy to confirm it works!

And my 9 year son insists on sitting in the front as to him heated seats are the most exciting thing this side of Santa. (And after upgrading from a 36 yr old Porsche mid-winter, I'm not far behind him :whistle:)

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No heated seats in my Lusso...:(...so he can stay in the back!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts