Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 155 cloverleaf with a 3.0 V6 and am looking to put a twin turbo on it and decat it and chip it any help or link would be great
Cheers :)

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Deadly buzz...! :cool: let us know how you get on! ;)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Stevie_p said:
I've got a 155 cloverleaf with a 3.0 V6 and am looking to put a twin turbo on it and decat it and chip it any help or link would be great
Can you send in some pictures please. Love to see that one, last time I looked, a 155 Cloverleaf was a turbo 2.0 4x4 (referred to as a Q4)!

M

·
0 Posts
I've quizzed this V6 Cloverleaf thing before. Someone else said they had one.
I thought the Q4 was a quadrafogliogliogliogogo 4. Is quadrafogliogliogliogogo Italian for Cloverleaf ????

M

·
0 Posts
Quadrifoglio is indeed Italian for cloverleaf.
Could the Cloverleaf and Cloverleaf 4 be quite different 155 models with similar names? Or is the V6 4 wheel drive too?

The twin turbo project sound fantastic, should be getting some proper power from that. Keep us informed as to how it's going :)

M

·
0 Posts
V6 is FWD.
So the Cloverleaf is in fact the Q4. Glad I know that now. I'm gonna amaze my wife tonight by speaking Italian :)

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
...and QuadroPorto is Four Door... :p

M

·
0 Posts
How is pronounced then Marlon? ;)
I know the 2.5 V6s are fwd but is Stevie_P's 3.0V6 cloverleaf fwd too?
What i was trying to say was that the Cloverleaf 4, or Q4 may relate to the 4wd 2.0 Turbo, while the Cloverleaf without the 4 may relate to the fwd 3.0 V6.
But i may be talking out my ar*e.

M

·
0 Posts
Anyway, in answer to the original question, maybe talk to Autodelta. They are turboing V6's just now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
marlon said:
Was there ever a 3.0litre V6 155. Maybe this has had an engine swap ???
It has had an engine swap and is also only FWD
does anyone have any tech info on where i can find manifolds and turbo for this project??

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
1; Qadrifoglio Verde
2; there were never any production 155s with 3 litre V6 engines. at least not any one meant for legit road use.
3; the Q4s wre available in narrowbody and wide body versionsm but all of them were old turboed in line 4 fiat engine ones.
4; Qattroporte is a Maserati name meaning a 4 door saloon car
5; Better contact AD for hardware solutions

Cheers

Hoygs

W

·
0 Posts
Hoyg's, you seem to be missing a couple of "u"s :D as in Quattroporte and Quadrifoglio.......also, the Q4 engine is the Lancia Lampredi unit, is this FIAT derived too, guess so?

wrinx

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The 3.0L V6 engine is out of a 164 so does anybody know any info on getting a twin turbo for it I am told it can be done but havn't seen any info
Any help would be great

J

·
0 Posts
Have a look at this little jobbie..this picture is from the 2.0 V6 turbo GTV maybe something could be adapted from it.

W

·
0 Posts
Sorry, not heard fo one being done...err, anywhere I don't think! Some of the Dutch boys are running around in 3.1 (or more?) V6's but they are supposed to be a bit fragile.

Autodelta are the premier Turbo people for Alfa's, give them a ring ;)

wrinx

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
wrinx said:
Hoyg's, you seem to be missing a couple of "u"s :D as in Quattroporte and Quadrifoglio.......also, the Q4 engine is the Lancia Lampredi unit, is this FIAT derived too, guess so?

wrinx

Uhh Oh, You're right. Shame on me :(

·
Registered
564 Posts
wrinx said:
Sorry, not heard fo one being done...err, anywhere I don't think! Some of the Dutch boys are running around in 3.1 (or more?) V6's but they are supposed to be a bit fragile.

wrinx
Seeing as your going to have to mess about with compression ratio's and exhaust pipework plus the V6 tends to run hot anyway, why not scrap the turbo idea and have a word with Autodelta about a 3.5 litre conversion, a set of cams and an engine remap OR a supercharger :cool: :D :D :D

M

·
0 Posts
wrinx said:
That's 3 people who've said Autodelta........so.................who ya gonna call ????.........GHOSTBUSTERS !!!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts