Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Dunno if anyone can help with this one? a good mate of mine is trying to do me a downpipe decat for my 2005 156 2.4 JTD mjet but has come unstuck in sourcing a V band flange for the turbo end. The rest of it is ready to go - jigged, pipes bent, 3 bolt flange cut etc.

Is there anywhere we can get one from? Desperate to get that flamin cat out from beyond the turbo BUT want to be able to put it back in if required so no cut 'n' shut possible....

cheers.....

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Hi all,

Dunno if anyone can help with this one? a good mate of mine is trying to do me a downpipe decat for my 2005 156 2.4 JTD mjet but has come unstuck in sourcing a V band flange for the turbo end. The rest of it is ready to go - jigged, pipes bent, 3 bolt flange cut etc.

Is there anywhere we can get one from? Desperate to get that flamin cat out from beyond the turbo BUT want to be able to put it back in if required so no cut 'n' shut possible....

cheers.....

Dave
Measure the original v-band ring and take the drawing to a metalworker. That's how I did it.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys,

thanks for the replies! I've been trying to get hold of my mate tonight but failed. I THINK he's using 2" pipe as it matched the outlet of the turbo? That right?

I presume this is a mod worth doing the "legwork" for? How have you found yours since taking that cat out?

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I didn't have a cat, but I had a TD2503V turbo that I changed for the GT2256V like you have. I went to 2.25" internal diameter, and had the flange flared on the inside from 2" to just under 2.25".

It's early days still, but even with my very conservative tune ATM it's clear the turbo has a lot more potential, partly due to the bigger downpipe. more power offboost, and boost all the way up to the rev limiter.... I need another remap though, with the rev limiter moved towards 5500 RPM to get the most of my mods...

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah i see! Thanks for the info btw. Very interesting!

Would you mind me asking where you got the flange done and how much it cost? Really keen to try and sort something - on a 120 mile a day commute anything that might (and it should) up the mpg from 46 (real, not from the trip meter which states about 54) currently to nearer 50 makes a difference (plus the extra kick from a quicker spool up is always worth having in the locker, isn't it :D )

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
now THAT sounds promising!

Do you have any contact details or a website address for him? Wanna pass them on to my mate and see if that gets us there.....

cheers!

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah OK. Well, I've found the ebay shop. Now all I need to do is get hold of my mate. Bugger's "disappeared" :)

thanks for your help!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts