Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know what the serial no is for a 1.9 gt 54 plate as i have been scratting around under the car in the dark with no joy!. need to place the order tmrw a.m so it arrives in time for the fitting that is booked for later in the week so this is a pretty urgent request..can anybody help!!!???

Cheers
Stef
:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep turbo is shot or presumed so, as everything else has been tried, bought the car july last year, had new cam belt and full service @ 50,000 on the clock. Since then its been nothing but trouble with these so called variable veins!!!!!, oh and as regards the cat....there is no cat lol, had it removed when new exhaust was fitted.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Yep turbo is shot or presumed so, as everything else has been tried, bought the car july last year, had new cam belt and full service @ 50,000 on the clock. Since then its been nothing but trouble with these so called variable veins!!!!!, oh and as regards the cat....there is no cat lol, had it removed when new exhaust was fitted.
how soon after belt change did problems come about?

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
has garage put boost gauges on car to see what turbo pressure generating
smaky been working on a car that had one tooth out on belt and it had symptons of egr type fault
remember that a turbo is a exhaust driven pump,and if theres a blockage it will boost then once a certain amount of pressure is detected ecu will tell engine to go into limp mode thus your error
im just trying to throw different thoughts ,kind of looking outside the box so to speak and i wouldnt want you to pay out for a turbo when thats not problem , i could be wrong though,but every little helps

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm thats food for thought, Ill speak to Interservices where I had the cam belt change done. Ireally dont want to have a new turbo ,do u have any other ideas if its not that.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Hmm thats food for thought, Ill speak to Interservices where I had the cam belt change done. Ireally dont want to have a new turbo ,do u have any other ideas if its not that.

Thanks
how far you away from wiltshire swindon area i think thats where smaky is from ,he is best man apart from indies on here to converse with:thumbs:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
erm were in leicester so swindon is a bit of a trek in a broken , constantly in limp home mode car!!! lol
Will attempt to track down Indies on here and msg him.
Many thanks again for your help:) Will keep u updatd when its finally fixed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
had new egr fitted and hoses checked for splits and inlet hose replaced so i know its not that any other ideas?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
had all pipes re-checked for splits egr brand new and cleaned. checked for blockages in air inlet,filter and cat which were all clean so ended up buying a recon turbo !!
still got the same fault :mad:
what else can i do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have spent over 2k now and still the same fault !! should of bought a bmw 330d, might look boring but hey at least it would work !!!
thanks for your help dave and sorry for sounding off its just so frustrating!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
What exactly are your symptoms? you've said what you have tried, but unless i'm missing it cant see the problem description?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts