Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I have owned my 156 selespeed for a year and love the car (when it runs fine) but would like to get more power out of it. I want to install a turbo and after gathering much info this is what I will do, if u see any problems in my setup please let me know. This thread is for me to brainstorm ideas and future problems before I start. The boost will be 0.5 bar which I think is about 5-6psi. Turbo is a Garrette t25 (anyone know at what rpm it will kick in and when it'll bottom out?). An intercooler and oil cooler will be installed. The stock manifold with no cats from the older ts engine will be used. No remap done , will just unplug the lambda so car runs rich and stock (orange injectors ) will be used. I'm on a budget... I have read that stock market injectors and ecu are fine to 225bhp Wichita I don't think I'll exceed with this setup. Compression will be left as it is as I have read that its better to leave it than risk blowing the engine. I'm not sure what grade of synthetic oil I'll use, currently use Mobil 1 5w50 might leave it as it is.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Start with the exhaust manifold from a 16v 1.9 jtd.- They use the same head/exhaust manifold gasket as a twin spark. Then work from there using 1.9 jtd parts? There's probably a lot of stock parts there that would suit your needs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts