Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Drivingdown to Bedford for Christmas my turbo hose finally gave up the ghost and loud hissing now acompanies acceleration.

Question is does this cause any long term issues? I need to drive up to Edinburgh Boxing Day evening and suspect will not be able to fix this in time?

Soft acceleration? Max 2000 rpm?

Could i patch it up temporarily with some duck tape? Anyone know of an Alfa garage/indie open on Boxing Day?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Try contacting Autolusso (in Beds) Ned has obtained some Silicon replacement Tubo hoses - I do not know if/when they are open over the Christmas/New Year period.

As a thought send a PM to Pud237 and Autolusso they may assist out of hours.

C

·
0 Posts
When my turbo hose went (3" long split) I used duct tape to patch it up till the new pipe arrived - worked fine, just wrap it round several times.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I think when I did it last month, only the left hand side screw had to be removed, you could possibly remove it without... as you're there, also file down the nut that is usually the culprit in puncturing the hose too!

Overall, it took us longer to replace the screws in the undertray as they had rusted away, than to actually replace the hose and jubilee clips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts