Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body done a Turbo or supercharged a 155 2.5 V6 ?? I'm thinking about it and also looks for recommendation on companies doing this. (I lost against a M3 the other day...)

J

·
0 Posts
If you want a 155 capable of beating an M3...just change your V6 and buy a Q4. Modify the chip, take out the cats, and they will be unable to keep up with you.

Juan
155 Q4

·
Registered
177 Posts
Or?

And!!!

-Like the Lancia Delta S4. 1750 cc and 250/300 hp in Stradale (road) version, more than 500 hp in rally version. Well, that is the last chapter in the advanced course.

If I were you and had a beautifully singing V6 engine I would tune it as it is. It is expensive to get a lot of power from a naturally aspirated engine, I know, but it is also expensive to turbo convert an engine. Probably it is even more expensive to compressor convert it as it is more practically complicated. Remember the V6 ti with almost 500 hp from that engine without any boost. Amazing. That would be my choice, not 500, but more than 166. Also take a look at the guy in the register who has a 1.8 TS that develops over 280 hp!

Turbo or compressor? -Physically the turbo is more efficient as it uses the exhaust energy that anyway would be wasted, at least in a simplified point of view. Most car manufacturers and tuners does also choose that concept. Then it is also easier to install under the bonnet as you can choose the geometry more as you want. Even though I wouldn't want to be responsible for the inlet&outlet architecture for a V6 under a 155 bonnet.

In one way a compressor would be preferable, that is if it is an electric driven compressor. I have seen it somewhere on the web, perhaps on one of the german AR tuners sites. At www.engstler-motorsport.de (shop/angebote) you can see a 2.5 V6 compressor kit, but I don't now how it is driven.

Go for it!

/A. Möller

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for the reply !
So ok, lets go for the mods without a turbo or compressor, Any good ideas on sites or companies that sell tuning parts for the V6 , since I have only found stuff for the TS and the Q4.

Also anybody know where I can find Mudflaps ?

J

·
0 Posts
Hi there,
There is a tuner in Germany I think, by the name of AW Delta, who sell modified 3.5L V6 Alfa Romeo engines, with the multivalve heads I assume. I don't know much more, but I think a 155 V6 with one of those would be awesome.

Regards
Jacques

R

·
0 Posts
I agree, regular chip & tune, then add NO2 injection to give you the massive oomph you'll need to dust the M3 and its' 320bhp. How does your V6 fare against a 325i? If you don't know then please find one to pick on and let me know how you do ok!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Chip an air filter everytime for me!! Remember to sort out your handling otherwise you will get into trouble!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I just remebered I read about the Luigini -Alfa Romeo, an open Italian sportscar built for a kind of prototype class. In Sweden it races against the now well known Radical cars (www.radicalmotorsport.com). The Luigini is powered by a 2.5 l. Alfa Romeo V6 that develops 270 hp if I remeber it right. And I guess it is built to run for long time without extensive service. Unfortunately I don't know who builds the engines, but perhaps www can help you.

/A. Möller

1 - 9 of 9 Posts