Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hi,the default position on my 2.4 10v is the low boost position,when the engine is started and vacuum builds up,the turbo goes to the high boost position.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I get plenty of power at 3000rpm up but a bit sluggish below.
EGR is working and now clean with 4 hole blank fitted. Cleaned the MAP today which was full of crap.

Next job is to replace VNT hose with silicone hose today. The one on it looks like 2 seperate pieces stuck together and the turbo end is a little loose.

·
Registered
382 Posts
No problem,mate.
It is always worth changing the vacuum pipes,sounds like they could be the issue.
I think my readings are the same,maxed out at 75%.mine works fine since I changed the turbo,but vanes were seized!
Does the vgt actuator move if you connect/disconnect the vac pipe when the engine is idling?
It should move about half an inch.I can check exactly how far,tomorrow if necessary.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi mate,

It moves in and out about that, i guess.
Had the missus rev the engine while i watched and it moves too. Not sure how fast its supposed to move :)

Not going to be able to do it today :( Got to sort the missus's moped for work :( Its been stood for quite a while as she has two of them :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts