Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Sudden and strange problem with my 170JTDM veloce. Just been serviced, MOT'd and some warranty work done (front drop links and gear position sensor).

Twice in the last 2000 miles an odd thing has happened. While in D mode, the turbo boost is limited to 50% (according to boost gauge) and it wont rev past 3000rpm. This leads to a shocking loss of power and caused a pretty dangerous situation as I pulled out to overtake a lorry.

There are no warning lights, temp is OK and the problem is rectified by turning off and on again!

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Does it only happen D mode? Take back to dealer and have them check your software.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks the for the reply. Yes so far only in D mode. I thnk I will have to, although not happened in lastfew hundred miles....just wondering if anyone else has had the same?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Thanks the for the reply. Yes so far only in D mode. I thnk I will have to, although not happened in lastfew hundred miles....just wondering if anyone else has had the same?
It also sounds like it was in limp home mode but it clearly wasnt because you were in D... Definately take it into the dealers there could be a error code somewhere that might explain it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys. will indeed take it back. have another 500 mile round trip this weekend so will observer. Nknezovic - hoses checked and all OK and def getting full boost according to boost gauge and general feel.

Cheers again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts