Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Quick question...when i had my test drive, i noticed that when i put the car into Dynamic, if i clicked through the mpg screens id eventually arrive at one that showed the turbo going up or down.

I dont have this on my mito and wanted to see if any1 else doesnt have it or if its something i should be querying with the dealer? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

D

·
0 Posts
Hi Dan2009, had my Mito Veloce 155 now for over 2 months. Turbo boost guage only comes up when in dynamic mode. When you press button on end of wiper stalk to scroll through the mpg, mph etc then it automatically goes back to turbo boost guage. Only when in Dynamic though.
Hope this helps mate.
:thumbs:

·
Registered
297 Posts
What engine do you have? The 95bhp doesn't have a turbo - so don't expect that display to pop up ;) If you have the diesel, 120bhp petrol or 155bhp petrol version, you should indeed visit your dealer I think :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi All

Quick question...when i had my test drive, i noticed that when i put the car into Dynamic, if i clicked through the mpg screens id eventually arrive at one that showed the turbo going up or down.

I dont have this on my mito and wanted to see if any1 else doesnt have it or if its something i should be querying with the dealer? :confused:

Thanks in advance.
I wil asume that you know whether your car has a turbo!:cheese:
Does the boost gauge show if you turn the radio off? If so, you can change settings via the menu to the right of the steering wheel to turn off the radio display. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replys. It is a 1.3 diesel so yeah it has got a turbo which is why im so confused. I'll give that a try with the radio and see if that makes a difference. If not, ill mention it when i take the car to the garage for a few things to be rectified.

Will keep you all posted as to how i get on!

·
Registered
178 Posts
my boost gauge only works when the radio is off, did not know i could turn the radio display off ,thanks for the info

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Turning the radio off makes no difference at all. I still dont see it! I've seen the other thread now about the digital speedo in the all weather mode that a few people have spotted and iv not seen that either and iv been using all weather quiet alot today so i think im gonna have a chat with the garage when the cars taken in and see what they say. Really puzzeled by it. Especially seen as the car has got a turbo and it just isnt showing in the multifunction display :mad:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Dan, I may be wrong but Im sure that on the 95 and 120 petrols and the 1.3 diesel there is no overboost in dynamic. Read the DNA thread I think its explained on that, specially the last page

·
Registered
157 Posts
re: Turbo boost gauge

All
The turbo boost gauge works for me with the radio on, you just use the button on the end of the right stalk to ensure you are not on the radio screen on the dash rectangle display screen next to the speedo and voila the turbo boost gauge is there :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
All
The turbo boost gauge works for me with the radio on, you just use the button on the end of the right stalk to ensure you are not on the radio screen on the dash rectangle display screen next to the speedo and voila the turbo boost gauge is there :)
ok, are you saying that as long as i am not on the radio screen when i switch to d the boost gauge should come up

·
Registered
157 Posts
re: Boost gauge

Yes...the Turbo bars gauge should come on whilst in Dynamic mode if:

1. You switch the radio off
2. With the radio on, using the end button on the right hand stalk and change it to be miles to gallon on similar display.

you will then see the boost gauge, this is certainly the case with the 155TB I have.....if I am pushed...i will go out again soon and try it around the country roads now as the darkness comes in...I only got this car at the weekend :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Come back after a blast along a dual carriageway which was great.

Right the turbo boost gauge comes on after selecting dynamic mode...I usually have the radio display on the centre dash rectangle display and by pressing the right hand button for 4 to 5 times the boost gauge comes on after cycling thru the various MPG, average speed type information etc...

I hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
841 Posts
Turbo gauge in D mode only. I think the configurable display can have options for how long it shows radio and B&M options, mine is set to 15 seconds so new B&M song the turbo gauge dissapears while it tells me what song im now listening too. Maybe you have that set to permanently on? Havent checked teh manual but just a guess as to why everyones is different :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
The turbo gauge shows in Dynamic mode on the 120 I have regardless of whether there is an 'overboost' (which is appears from other threads that the 120 does not have).

I also have the digital speedo in All Weather mode too.

As I always only use my usb stick for music there is little point in having the radio repetition on the first page of the dash display as if purely just states "USB Connected" or something along those lines so fairily pointless IMHO

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok...well im getting the speedo in all weather. But no turbo :mad:

I know its only a gimmicky thing but i liked it. If the 120 doesnt have overboost and the 90 doesnt either how come your 120 has it and mine doesnt ...im confused!

·
Registered
467 Posts
i would suggest that you go into the menu (button on right of steering wheel) take off the radio repetition (if set), also reset the first page display from partial distance to date. Start car up cycle to show the current date then select dynamic mode. Regardless whether you are moving or not the turbo guage should and would display

1 - 17 of 17 Posts