Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Just noticed the start of some corrosion on the turbine alloys, a white discoloration and the start of bubbling around the center of the wheels also theres signs of rust on the lock nuts for the wheels. The car has only done 12000 miles and is just under 4 years old. Just wondering if anyone else has corrosion like this and if they had any joy getting the wheels reconditioned/replace and if this is covered by the anti perforation warranty.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Do you live near the sea side, or had them high pressure jet washed?

Mines 5 years old with 45K miles.
I live close to the sea and with no rust or bubbling anywhere on the wheels, only a few curb scratches I've picked up though.
Meanwhile the crapy engine/covers bolt heads gone rusty here and there and will be replace with decent quality parts instead.

I have a new set of turbines just waiting new street legal race tyres for some track play time this summer after a few tuning mods finally get sorted!!!

·
Registered
36,862 Posts
Hi all
Just noticed the start of some corrosion on the turbine alloys, a white discoloration and the start of bubbling around the center of the wheels also theres signs of rust on the lock nuts for the wheels. The car has only done 12000 miles and is just under 4 years old. Just wondering if anyone else habs corrosion like this and if they had any joy getting the wheels reconditioned/replace and if this is covered by the anti perforation warranty.
I'd be very concerned if the alloy wheels perforated due to corrosion. Are they machined-face areas which are discoloured ? It's a characteristic of this finish as the corners where the top surface is cut provide an edge for the laquer to break.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Got that on mine. White stuff. It seems to be where the laquer has suffered stone chips, and it spreads from there. It's not really that noticeable. I jet wash mine every couple of weeks and use alloy wheel cleaner. Why is jet washing bad?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
What wheel cleaner do you use? Most of them can't be used on alloys with chips in the lacquer/paint (i.e. most!). I've seen wheels ruined by using the wrong cleaner a few times........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts