Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the exhaust is completed and the induction system fitted I want to change the mapping on the car....

Now I know Im not going to get any major performance improvement on this car and Im not askling for much....just a little so I pmed one of the guys on the fiat coupe forum and he came back with this...

Thanks for getting in touch. The GTV 3.0 V6 uses a Bosch ME2.1 ecu which is OBD II compliant. This means in order to tune the engine a new programme must be flashed via the diagnostic port as opposed to chipping like we do with the 20vt. Unfortunately I don't have the equipment for this other than reading and resetting the ecu error codes. There are a few companies out there that offer the reflashing service, probably best to get on the Alfa forums for a good recommendation.

Good luck, the GTV Cup is a very nice car

Soooo...any suggestions where I can get said work completed and a rough idea on costs??? :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
oooo....angel tuning! Who are they? Will do a search :)
I wouldnt get angel to do it, all they will do is either load a generic map to the chip or remove the Eprom and solder on a new one.

If you go to red dot, they run the car up before, give you a reading, then atleast you know if the car is healthy before hand, then all being well, Augusto will re-map (custom to the car) no generic rubbish, then run it up again and you can see the difference before and after.

I would highly recommend Red Dot, just had my GTV remapped there and the level of service is excellent

1 - 8 of 8 Posts