Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
No they are believable 100% in many cases.

I don't know what model or BHP you are running. I had one on my Fiat 1.9JTD 8v. Dyno tested it took it from 120bhp to 145bhp. That was using an Italian box. I have one for an 8v JTD sitting in my shed unused.

A lot of tuners say it is a bad way of tuning and remapping is the only way. I can't comment, I don't have enough knowledge. They do only plug into the fuel rail.

The best I have used is the Synergy which turned my under powered Rover 75 BMW 2.0 110bhp)into a clutch destroying 170bhp monster.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Im considering one of these tuning boxes - cant make up my mind for certain though.....

i rarely boot my car much - so it would only be pushing out more power on rare occasions - so surely that wouldnt affect clutch and driveshafts.......

not sure which way to go...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Im considering one of these tuning boxes - cant make up my mind for certain though.....

i rarely boot my car much - so it would only be pushing out more power on rare occasions - so surely that wouldnt affect clutch and driveshafts.......

not sure which way to go...

Like I said earlier you can get them at varying prices. The bonus with the box is it is just one connector to take off so fitting is simple. If you don't like the results it is simple to remove.

Many are adjustable as well so you can set them back to normal if necessary.

Italian box are about £70 and you can get an in car adjuster for an extra £20. These are digital as well, not the analogue type. You can also adjust throttle response etc.

I was very impressed for the price with the quality of the unit.

·
Registered
401 Posts
thanks for that Alfa Luke - those are down to £50 + £10 postage on ebay now - though i cant see where they do the in car adjuster part of it ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've ran an Italian Box tuning unit on my 2012 159 since new, done about 33000 miles in the last 12 months with no issues, the car and engine came alive, fuel economy improved by about 50 miles per tank plus the thrill factor went through the roof. I've just tried a pro bitz unit instead on the grounds they say it was even better,that cost £200, just sent that back today, IMO not worth the extra £s, the Italian unit does everything you want and worth the £60.:)

·
Registered
401 Posts
I've ran an Italian Box tuning unit on my 2012 159 since new, done about 33000 miles in the last 12 months with no issues, the car and engine came alive, fuel economy improved by about 50 miles per tank plus the thrill factor went through the roof. I've just tried a pro bitz unit instead on the grounds they say it was even better,that cost £200, just sent that back today, IMO not worth the extra £s, the Italian unit does everything you want and worth the £60.:)
Cool, thanks for that bud, its always good to hear from current users and stuff.

Think i'll probably get one.

It does say on their site that power goes from 175bhp to 222bhp - thats sounds like a ridiculously high increase - but even an increase to 200bhp would be nice :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
thanks for that Alfa Luke - those are down to £50 + £10 postage on ebay now - though i cant see where they do the in car adjuster part of it ?
Another one is by this company, basically the same unit.

All the other bits can be added, like the in car adjuster. Just scroll down past the half naked chick checking out the engine.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chip-tuni...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item460d726873

You may need to search for the right one for your model on ebay. I am not a car tuner but an IT guy. The quality of this unit is very good with decent build and processing power for what it is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts