Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All,

I have just bought a Giulia 2.2td 180bhp and I was looking at the option of fitting a tuning box to improve it's performance.

I just wondered if anyone out there has done this on this model of Alfa and what their thoughts were, did it give you a lot of performance increase, any issues with the rest of the cars electronics etc?

Also, what are you're thoughts on who makes the best ones for Alfa Giulia's?

Just so people don't waste their time, I don't want to remap the car's ECU, I just want a plug and play version.

Many thanks

·
AO Detailing Car Of The Year 2020 Winner
4,183 Posts
I believe a few have had the TDi Tuning boxes fitted to their Veloce with no issues. They also seem to do diesel version. I am familiar with the Novitec modules made by Squadra Sportiva sold via alfisti shop, which are developed specifically on the actual cars. They are well respected.

Other good options are Seletron (Italy) and Racechip. Take your pick.

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
They are basically just a crude method of making the ECU overfuel the car into making more power.

Sure they make the car more powerful but a remap is a much better and safer option.

·
AO Detailing Car Of The Year 2020 Winner
4,183 Posts
They are basically just a crude method of making the ECU overfuel the car into making more power.

Sure they make the car more powerful but a remap is a much better and safer option.
The OP already said he was specifically looking for the tuning module/box option presumably after considering pros/cons of both options. Some of the boxes are less "crude" than others. For example the Squadra Sportiva module uses 3 to 4 sensor inputs so that boost demand is modified "more" intelligently, just not as detailed as the remap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts