Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
So, having read about re-maps and tuning boxes, I got carried away online and bought a "Power Box 2" from an Italian company called "Tuning E Stile"
Anyone tried one of these? It *seems* be be Ok. The blurb says it's specifacly for my engine, and there are 10 settings (7-10 apparently for track racing!??).
Setting 10 is a no-no (yes, I tried it briefly - insane up to the point the pressure on the common rail can't keep up and I get a dashboard error and limp-mode).
The ECU hasn't logged any errors since I turned it down, and MPG and performance are both better as far as I can tell without hooking up AlfaDiag. Should I look for anything else? I'm not getting clouds of black smoke out the exhaust when I push it.

Any comments welcome :)

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
have you followed the instructions on how to install it?
I read you're meant to start off on a low number and slowly work up the settings by doing a hill climb drive etc.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The instructions are pretty difficult to follow as they've been translated badly (the jumper block is refered to throughout as a 'telephone exchange'). As far as I can tell it doesn't mention anything like that, although I did start it low and work up so I didn't later feel disappointed at the lower settings...

As far as I can tell it seems fine, I'm just worried in case I'm missing any warning signs I don't know about. I did 214 miles yesterday and no problems at all - in fact it was awsome :) 60mph average and 58.4mpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm now on my second 147 JTDm and have used a similar product (from tdc-technologies.com) for the past five years. The extra performance is great. Mine has a dial from 0 to 15 with a recommendation that you start at '3' and, if that doesn't light your wick, work your way up until you either get what you're after or you start getting errors. How high you can go depends on the ECU and the quality of the fuel. I found that at 15 the car runs blows smoke under acceleration and the traction control has trouble keeping the thing stable so have settled on '7'. If I drive it gently on a trip I'll get 6 l/100km, but then who drives an Alfa gently??? ;)

·
Registered
254 Posts
As far as I can tell it seems fine, I'm just worried in case I'm missing any warning signs I don't know about. I did 214 miles yesterday and no problems at all - in fact it was awsome :) 60mph average and 58.4mpg
you're unlikely to be getting 58 with the tuning box as it sits between the ecu and injector pump. its not taking into account the extra fuelling the tuning box is adding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts