Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Administrator
47,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK we've got to try to finalise the tunes we want tonight, so I thought I'd ask what you lot thought.
We need to think about the first, second and last tunes.
1st: The needs for this song are all dictated by my inability to dance. It needs to be slow, so I can just cling to Jenny and sway a bit. It can't change tempo, coz then I'll fall over. I'd quite like it to be at least a little bit cool, so no Carpenters or whatever
2nd: Aopparently this has got to be some sort of floor-filler, although I'll probably be relievedly sitting down at this point
last: Another slow one for everyone to have a last dance to? What do you think?

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
We had:
1 - Fat Barry White (RIP) - You're my first my last my everything wink
2 - Dave Clark 5 - Glad All Over :)
Last - The Beatles - Hey Jude (full version) :cool:

We carried on Naa Naaaa Na Na Na 'ing even after Mr.DJ had packed up and gone home.
:D

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Something slow and lovey lovey first off, Bon Jovi or something like that,
Followed by an 'all ages tune' - Agadoo should cater for this, followed by some hard house for the oldies at the end to keep them awake, possibly 666-Devil would be a good choice?

G

·
Have you considered 'The concrete and the clay' by Unit 4 Plus 2?

If there are lots of old people coming, I suggest 'Gay Bar' by Electric 6. That will get them jigging in their zimmer frames. Either that or muttering in their sherries that "music isn't what it used to be eh Ethel?".

Hope this helps wink

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
There's one choice, maybe a little bit too slow:
What a wonderfull world from Louis Armstrong
or
Stand by me from Ben E. King.

G

·
1. I Don't Want To Miss a Thing - Aerosmith
2. Somewhere, Across The Sea - Andy Williams(?)
3. Anything from the last night of the Proms.

:D

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Stand By Me - Ben E. King

Fantastic tune, and it fits quite nicely Baz!
Good choice!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Quite like Ricks idea for the first one ie
1 - Fat Barry White (RIP) - You're my first my last my everything
But would just love to see the reaction if you followed it with "smack my ***** up" by the Prodigy!
Now that would get some comments from the wrinklies!

Whatever you choose it cant be as bad as the "Toni Braxton" number we had - "unbreak my heart" or some such drivel!

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
1. Strange effect – Hooverphonic (a very “twin peaks” kinda cover of this all-time classic)
2. Staying Alive- Bee Gees
3. Bro hymn-Pennywise (not a slow, but always a good tune to end a party wink )

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by benji90:
<strong>Whatever you choose it cant be as bad as the "Toni Braxton" number we had - "unbreak my heart" or some such drivel!</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Benji! You actually had "Unbreak my heart" at your wedding????? :confused:

That's a song for a funeral eek!

I like the song very much, though.....

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Wimster:
<strong>2. Staying Alive- Bee Gees
</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wim,

This IS your all time favourite, isn't it? wink

·
Registered
300 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mel Bonkers:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by benji90:
<strong>Whatever you choose it cant be as bad as the "Toni Braxton" number we had - "unbreak my heart" or some such drivel!</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Benji! You actually had "Unbreak my heart" at your wedding????? :confused:

That's a song for a funeral eek!

I like the song very much, though.....</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It was a whole muppet DJ type scenario that i wont bother to bore you with her! But surfice to say i wasnt best pleased either!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
how about a classic SLAYER death metal tune, or Chaisaw Charlie - that should get everyone groovin'.

Or a Busta Rhymes masterpiece..

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
NWA - A B1tch Is A B1tch :D laughing

·
Administrator
47,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RicksAlfas:
<strong>We had:

We carried on Naa Naaaa Na Na Na 'ing even after Mr.DJ had packed up and gone home.
:D </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">these songs look very familiar. It;s almost as if you've suggested exactly the songs you had for your wedding for my wedding too. wink

Have to run all these suggestions by Mrs. Bazza, but I have to say, I like the idea of Louis Armstrong, and I can't think why I haven't thought of it myself.

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by bazza:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RicksAlfas:
<strong>We had:

:D </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">these songs look very familiar. It;s almost as if you've suggested exactly the songs you had for your wedding for my wedding too. wink </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">See those two words at the start bazza?
"WE HAD"...
There could be a clue in there.
wink

1 - 20 of 96 Posts