Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Porsche do sell like hot cakes believe it or not. They’re very affordable to purchase, but not to maintain. For the price of a used Golf R you could pick a good choice in Porsche.
More bang for your buck. More kudos too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Porsche do sell like hot cakes believe it or not. They’re very affordable to purchase, but not to maintain. For the price of a used Golf R you could pick a good choice in Porsche.
More bang for your buck. More kudos too

I was offered a 16 boxster s for 9k below list 3 months ago. spec wasn’t great but still

Older 996/997, boxster and cayman have engines that will fail (Bore scoring, ims) It was a crime they sold them for 10 years.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
986 and 987 I believe.
Only a relatively small number had problems, but yep, I wouldn't have one. Has to be a 981 as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
69 Posts
986 and 987 I believe.
Only a relatively small number had problems, but yep, I wouldn't have one. Has to be a 981 as far as I'm concerned.
If the 981s I was offered had pse and a few extra options I would have snapped it up. It went while I was thinking about it which was probably a good thing.

I really want a quad so I would have ended up keeping it short term anyway.

What would people say is a fair offer on a 2017 quad with 35k miles at the moment?

It’s been sat at a dealer for months.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
If the 981s I was offered had pse and a few extra options I would have snapped it up.
With you on the PSE 👍

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
It’s now official. The Motor Trade has closed

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Wow, in the US (my understanding) car dealerships are essential businesses (repairs, etc.) so they can stay in business.

·
Registered
69 Posts
At least it will stop WBAC killing car values with silly offers.

Their competition (hardly saints) stopped buying. More moral approach to the situation imo.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
It’s now official. The Motor Trade has closed

But MOT test centers can stay open...and since most main dealers have MOT testing bays they are using it as a loop hole to not close...idiots. My mate is service manager at a FIAT main dealer...they are open as long as they can get away with it....apparently the sales dept are dead ....but the service side had never been so busy...hmmmm.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
But MOT test centers can stay open...and since most main dealers have MOT testing bays they are using it as a loop hole to not close...idiots. My mate is service manager at a FIAT main dealer...they are open as long as they can get away with it....apparently the sales dept are dead ....but the service side had never been so busy...hmmmm.
Worth a read if you’re interested in the Motor trade.
Speaking of the motor trade. The irony of the surname of the person that wrote the article

·
Vendor
45,453 Posts
If the 981s I was offered had pse and a few extra options I would have snapped it up. It went while I was thinking about it which was probably a good thing.

I really want a quad so I would have ended up keeping it short term anyway.

What would people say is a fair offer on a 2017 quad with 35k miles at the moment?

It’s been sat at a dealer for months.
£20k?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Really? That low?

Im nervous now as I contacted a seller today. I’m not a time waster or a haggler. I just make what I feel is a fair offer. I hate selling cars so always have empathy for what the seller is putting up with. Nothing worse than idiots wasting your time when selling a car.

It is difficult/impossible to work out though.

WBAC were saying my truck was worth more than the car I’m px’ing it against + ££££’s. That doesn’t make sense.

My mate is a dealer and said nice trucks have 2 markets. SUV alternative and commercial. As a result they tend to sell quicker than most other cars, which may have swayed their valuation.

I bought mine as a practical car. Nothing come close for the price. I’ll miss it.

If anyone wants to sell me their quad for £20k I can keep both and I’d be a very happy man.

·
Vendor
45,453 Posts
Really? That low?

Im nervous now as I contacted a seller today. I’m not a time waster or a haggler. I just make what I feel is a fair offer. I hate selling cars so always have empathy for what the seller is putting up with. Nothing worse than idiots wasting your time when selling a car.

It is difficult/impossible to work out though.

WBAC were saying my truck was worth more than the car I’m px’ing it against + ££££’s. That doesn’t make sense.

My mate is a dealer and said nice trucks have 2 markets. SUV alternative and commercial. As a result they tend to sell quicker than most other cars, which may have swayed their valuation.

I bought mine as a practical car. Nothing come close for the price. I’ll miss it.

If anyone wants to sell me their quad for £20k I can keep both and I’d be a very happy man.

Its hard to say, but if you want to buy one you'll have to offer more than WBAC will. You'll have to also find someone who is selling because they want to buy something else now while the price is low. A lot of the current advertisers aren't going to sell for such a low price now, but they might do after a while if the economic landscape continues to deteriorate.

I wouldn't feel comfortable buying one now for the same sort of money they were 3 months ago, it'd have to be a good chunk less, because there is now a much bigger risk that the bottom is going to fall out of car prices in general, as so many are on PCP where people can hand them back, which will leave a glut of them on the market, and lots of people could be out of jobs in 6 months time. Even if they're not, in general people are going to take this shock as a reason to start saving more, clearing debts etc rather than purchasing consumer goods.

·
Registered
37,512 Posts
People Knock WBAC but in my experience they pay much more for your car than you would get as a trade in, let alone if you were to take it to a dealer and ask for cash.

·
Registered
69 Posts
People Knock WBAC but in my experience they pay much more for your car than you would get as a trade in, let alone if you were to take it to a dealer and ask for cash.
They were taking advantage of desperate people at this bad time. The competition stopped buying. A more moral approach imo.

All the cars they buy are sent to BCA so they never offer a great price. And rarely pay what they offer.

My truck is not so bad, but performance cars are taking a battering.

·
Registered
37,512 Posts
They gave me a very fair price for my 335i, I may have got more selling private but not many people want to buy 10k+ car from a private seller. Then there is the issue of someone bringing the car back if it goes wrong...
I tried to do a deal on another car with it at a main dealer and their best price was almost 2k less than WBAC bought it from me for.

·
Registered
33,710 Posts
“... performance cars are taking a battering.”
Which you are tempted to benefit from?

41 - 60 of 113 Posts