Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know WBAC values are always a bit of a joke but check the value of your car on their site now.
Today the world has officially gone virus mad, or is it just a software glitch.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Stelvio on Autotrader £33000, WBAC valuation £16745.
If this is a true representation of what is really going on there will be a lot of dealers/manufacturers going to the wall and some real bargains which you won't be able to go out and buy as we will soon be under complete lock-down.
Or maybe WBAC just don't want to buy anything in the current situation?
Or is April 1st?

·
Registered
33,697 Posts
Have you checked an equivalent Giulia from Autotrader?
I can’t imagine anybody is in the mood to buy a car right now. It’s a barometer of consumer confidence and that tumbles with uncertainty.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
At the moment there’s a lot of uncertainty in the Motor Trade because of the current climate. Toilet rolls & packets of pasta are on demand though.
We get about 1,000 of their cars a week and not many go unsold.
Who knows, after this week though, and because of the new 20 plates have changed over it should be normally be very busy in the trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Only a problem if you actually want to sell...and it will all level out when this is over...if however, like me, your are looking to buy....it's all good! I might be able to get my new (to me) car earlier than I thought.

·
Registered
33,697 Posts
The banks must be changing the access to loans with the increased unknown risk of the current crisis?
I had a call from the Ford dealer who sold us the Kuga four years ago inviting me to an event called “the man from the factory” with deals...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would imagine there are people trying to sell cars to clear finance or PCP deals due to circumstances outside of their control, there is always going to be those who take advantage of such situations. Shameful!

·
Registered
33,697 Posts
Things are going to be pretty unstable for a while. The Ford salesman managed to sound really positive on the phone. Where do they learn this brilliant skill?

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
The notion of going out and buying a car seems absolutely ridiculous to me right now. It's all down to individual circumstances - there's still a good number out there doing jobs that will be very safe no matter what happens. I'm one of the many that don't fall into that category!
Even if this thing does hopefully prove to be a short term thing, the economic recovery could be much longer.

·
Registered
33,697 Posts
Yep. The idea of buying a car right at the moment is crazily low on anybody’s priorities. Picking up a schadenfreude bargain is just another dimension to it. Getting it home will be difficult soon as you can’t explain it as essential shopping when you get stopped by somebody from the army.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wonder if those 'sound really positive courses' that Ford salesmen probably go on, are available to Stelvio owners? :)

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The following is a post off the Evoque forum website which prompted my original post on this thread.
Guess the dealer decided he didn't want any more stock in the current situation and WBAC's business model may be about to come crashing down.

"I went to buy my Evoque today. Yesterday my BMW was worth 21k. Today it’s worth 11k WTF

I had a trade in deal sorted but the dealer said the world has gone mad today and prices have crashed. Luckily I was able to hand my BMW back to the finance company and drive away my new Evoque. But it’s cost me 2k

I dare you to put your car reg into www.webuyanycar.com or carwow. If you do make sure you’re sitting down"

·
Registered
33,697 Posts
The PCP bubble burst this week then. Nobody saw this as a potential cause. Meanwhile my wife and her colleagues try to work out how to keep their chunk of the NHS going , as many as possible remotely. Craziest request yet?
From a nurse “can I work from home?”

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Sorry to disappoint, but if Stelvios are going for £16k, you might have to give them a chunk of wedge to get them to take a 159.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Don’t worry, I already accept that the 159 is worth close to zero. Yes it’s a Ti, but its done 149k, stinks of dog and has enough fur in it to make a complete German Shepherd.

Bloody hell, 54k Stelvio Quad on Autotrader is showing up as 28k on WBAC. And they’re not that desperate yet.

·
Registered
33,697 Posts
My 2011 Giulietta MA had a true value of just over £4000 at the beginning of 2017 but they seem to be listed for that “retail”now. My Stelvio is apparently worth £16000 trade but the pcp final payment is £21500 in just under 2 years time. Prices are theoretical if nobody is buying.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Similar situation to you Cue. The two year PCP on my G Veloce (which I took out because it came with a £9,000 discount and an interest rate of 0%) has a final payment of £20,000 due in June but, according to WBAC, my car is now worth only £14,000, which hopefully is a load of WBAC bollx, but who knows.

So do I continue with my original plan and pay £20,000 for my £14,000 Giulia or just hand it back on the basis that by June no one will be going anywhere anyway.

I am due to take it back to Beechdale for some warranty work tomorrow so If I get the chance, which is not too likely, I might try and get a trade in price from them.

·
Registered
33,697 Posts
Does a payment holiday extend the overall term, I wonder? If so it could take the date of your decision til later in the year.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts