Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do so many people seem to have NO road sense whatsoever as pedestrians?

I am sick of the following:

- Youths who cross the road right into your path, almost willing you to hit them. It isn't that they see you, they stare at you while they keep walking, as you continue at 30 -> 15, swerving left slightly to avoid them.

- In car parks, people who powerwalk across your path from beside a big MPV such that you can't see them til they walk in front of you, then they give YOU the dirty stare. I always politely reply with a finger representation of the number "1".

- Mothers who push prams slightly onto the road, and then have a look at the traffic.

As drivers, we have a responsibility to have our wits about us and try to compensate for any eventuality, but some pedestrians take the proverbial. :mad:

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SirW - can't quite make that out. Is it one of Morgan's application forms?
Yes he often dresses up as a squirrel and tours the pubs and clubs lecturing on road safety and grammar.

(It's a Tufty club form :) )

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
And car manufacturers are obliged to make cars safer (read uglier) at the front for when they hit pedestrians.

The youths that will you to hit them really annoy me too. I found that if you carry on heading towards them or even accelerate slightly they get out of the way in the end.

If I do hit them, we that's their problem. The road is meant for cars not pedestrians who have not paid to use it. :D

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
If they wander into the road where cars should be then they're fair game ! :D
Don't get me started on this subject, cyclist's and pedestrians near where i work carry on as if their Lemmings.

·
Super Moderator
44,774 Posts
Yep, the youths get a down-change, and accelerated at (while aiming to just miss, obviously). Funny how their insouciance rapidly disappears. :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tempted but I always get scared to do that symon, bidet and bazza. The GTV is quite distinctive where I live, and the youths no doubt have gang "connections".

Another one is workmen crossing the road from the building site without looking because they are wearing hi-vis armour :mad:

·
Super Moderator
44,774 Posts
The distinctive car point is a good one. The last time I did it was not too far from my house, and I had a moment of worry afterwards that they'd seek the GTA out. :lol:

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
My car is distinctive but where it is parked it is well hidden.

I would be more careful near where I live than I would be a few miles away though.

·
Registered
597 Posts
and brain dead mutants who can only cross a road after pressing the button of one of those damned traffic lights that bred like rabbits in Livingstone's London. They press irrespective of whether there is a safe gap in the traffic and often when there is no traffic. Late at night you can be stuck at a red light for some minutes waiting for the invisible man to cross - but he is long gone, usually 200 yards up the road by the time I get a green light again.
All part of the Health & Safety neurosis that bedevils this country.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
My car's pointy at the front, which is ideal for chopping the little sods' legs off. :mad:

Er, what I mean is, yes, definitely more education on road safety is needed. Of course! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
302 Posts

I am sick of the following:

- Youths who cross the road right into your path, almost willing you to hit them. It isn't that they see you, they stare at you while they keep walking, as you continue at 30 -> 15, swerving left slightly to avoid them. :mad:
When you are almost at them, dip the clutch and apply a large dash of loud pedal.......
.......then smile as they jump back up the kerb, like a big girl :D

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
When you are almost at them, dip the clutch and apply a large dash of loud pedal.......
.......then smile as they jump back up the kerb, like a big girl :D
Loud pedal in Sportronic = rapid forward motion. :cool:

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :rant: :D

·
Registered
16,900 Posts
It's the wires in my ears generation. I'm royally sick of those numpties who have no road sense at all. A road - any road - is a highly dangerous place. So what do these goons do to help keep their wits about them? That's right, they deprive themselves of hearing, one of the most important senses you need to stay alive on the road.

As I've said before, I'm so tired of braking for/swerving around some div with wires hanging out of their ears, playing some handheld game as they... well, i was going to say 'negotiate a road'; but typical of today's me/me/me-rights-not-responsibilities mindset, they expect the road to negotiate them. And if it doesn't, they'll sue you for being negligent.

Grrrr...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's the wires in my ears generation. I'm royally sick of those numpties who have no road sense at all. A road - any road - is a highly dangerous place. So what do these goons do to help keep their wits about them? That's right, they deprive themselves of hearing, one of the most important senses you need to stay alive on the road.

As I've said before, I'm so tired of braking for/swerving around some div with wires hanging out of their ears, playing some handheld game as they... well, i was going to say 'negotiate a road'; but typical of today's me/me/me-rights-not-responsibilities mindset, they expect the road to negotiate them. And if it doesn't, they'll sue you for being negligent.

Grrrr...
In my case they didn't have an MP3 player, they're just the type of youths who believe themselves to be untouchable, that traffic should stop for them, and they can do whatever they want and get away with it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts