Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am horrified to learn, based on what I'm being told in this thread

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/republic-of-ireland/345249-166-wheels.html#post4897458

that the 17" alloys, despite looking identical, are different depending on whether they were made for the TS or the V6 due to the brakes.

Can anyone confirm? And, if so, is it possible to use wheel spacers on the TS alloys to make them suitable for the V6?

I'm pretty sure the wheels I bought 6 months ago are from a TS....

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
i think it's only the 16's that have TS and V6 versions as the 17's are plenty big to clear the discs of the v6

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No - I have a set of 17s without tyres! I'm trying to figure out if they'll actually fit.

What is marked on your 17s, i.e. Part no. etc. Anything like this:

Part # 60629500

7 1/2 J x 17 H2-41

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yes they wil fit. I don't know who started the whole TS/V6 wheel thing, but as far as I can accertain so far, in my 8 years of owning 166s, there is no difference in the wheel, just lots of people saying they think there is or heard there is. As the 16" rims are 16" rims, no difference to what model they were fitted too, only spec or options changed the wheel size and style.

·
Vendor
47,025 Posts
No - I have a set of 17s without tyres! I'm trying to figure out if they'll actually fit.

What is marked on your 17s, i.e. Part no. etc. Anything like this:

Part # 60629500

7 1/2 J x 17 H2-41
That part number is the only 17" horseshoe wheel for the 166. Whether you go into eper using a 3.0 V6 or TS chassis number it gives the same p/n. So they must be the same, at least for the 17" horseshoes.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
..the 17"s are the same, but the 16"s are 6.5J for the TS and 7J for the V6.. that's why a TS looks slightly different to a V6 on the "same" 16" wheels..

·
Registered
59 Posts
I can't comment on the 17" wheels but 16" have 2 near identical versions. My 166 has a mixture of both types. To tell the difference, look at the 8 holes. On one version they are round & on the other they are teardrop. I don't know which is which as my car is made out of lots of broken ones.

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Giulia Super
2,640 Posts
sorry for the incorrect info.... one last question, all 17" are ok for the V6, both the horseshoes and the supersports?

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
You mean your miss's got sooo fed up of you nagging haha!

Klap, im soo chuffed you got a set, if there is one man who deserves them its you :p!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts