Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone come across a sensibly priced stroker kit for the TS?

Is the engine used in larger capacity guise in any other vehicles?

Be nicer to increase torque when overhaul required...though I still fancy the Fiat 5 cylinder turbo option if I can find asuitable 'transplant enthusiast' - i guess there must be a few suitable guys in the kit car / custom / competition fields that would consider it a quick job

·
Registered
39,589 Posts
I think you can stroke the 1.8 to 2.0, but what is the point when you can just get a 2.0?

I think the 2.0 is pretty much on the limit as standard so not much room to improve it there.

The best thing to do is either get a V6 or remove the TS and source a Fiat Coupe engine as you have already considered.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I was wondering what the difference is between phase 1, 150hp and phase 2, 155 hp? is it the exhaust manifold? if so, what kind of manifold would be a ph1 upgrade?
The difference is due to the variable inlet manifold. Later P2 cars ( CF3 ) go back to 150HP.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes i prob would like a v6, suitably enhanced to get sound to my taste...however the 300 bhp options are a little tempting - ...i wonder how difficult it would be to convert to rwd...? - just how gorgeous would a GTV be with an AJP V8 or even a Rover based V8 if enough room - be a lovely stylish everyday performance car and be a nice way to save a 'repair or spares' car that might otherwise vanish - I dont expect many / any to agree, just voicing my desires....

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
You can find him on 156.net

Banned from here a long while ago but he is a great chap and extremely knowledgeable with all things Alfa, equally good with the spanners too.

·
Registered
39,589 Posts
Alfadriver is where you will find him.

Personally I struggled to get along with him, but he always speaks his mind and he certainly knows his Alfas.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
He does speak his mind, which is something we have in common, watching him work on a car is something else - doubt there is anyone who knows these Alfas as well

1 - 14 of 14 Posts