Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
This has been about for a wee while Alfie. My JTS is almost 3 years old and has only 29000 on the clock, but it's booked in for the belt service next week. Got to play safe. ;)

·
Registered
30,167 Posts
yep, that bulletin came out in November last year.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
one of the reasons Alfa returned to chain driven distribution on the 159... the amount of warranty claims on broken belts is horrific !!

·
Registered
607 Posts
1 3/4 years old and 27k - not long now!

Suppose I'd better actually buy that wee runaround for commuting I've had my eye on :rolleyes: Peugeot 205 as daily driver here I come :cry:

Especially as I'm going to be doing 100 ish miles a day soon :mad: but I suppose it's for a job I actually want....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sorry to be lazy, I know it must be here somewhere, but what is the service interval for the chain on the jts and diesel versions of the 159? (Without being specific ;) , the 2.4 JTD Lusso Sportwagon in stromboli grey, titanium or black with red leather will (hopefully) be my next major car purchase!! Though if the pictures recently posted on here of the Ti are a realistic option, well........

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
chains do not need maintenance, they run in oil and will last foreever.

·
Registered
129 Posts
did you get a price for cambelt change?
Ubend, £440 for 36k service including cambelt and first mot, Alfa main dealer, final warranty issues still valid (just). Not bad I thought, but I'll post again once the work's done as I don't want to tempt fate. ;)

·
Registered
338 Posts
However the chain tensioner will probs wear out and need replacing though when i can't say. 70k at a guess but being an alfa it could be a lot less than that.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Chains do wear, but compared to toothed belts it would seem like they last forever. As the chain wears it gets longer, so the need for tensioner adjustment. This could marginally alter the camshaft timing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts