Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Gt 1.9JtD, 2010 Giulietta 170 MultiAir Lusso
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small crack in my manifold where the pipe joins the flange at engine end (presumably, another victim of Southend's speed bumps and my wife's view on them as a challenge). I thought I'd just replace the manifold with a used part rather than have it welded. My question is on compatibility of different types. Comparing mine to the images on Eper, it matches the one identified as part number 60676192, of which there are no used examples on Ebay at the moment. There are a few part number 60674621, which looks the same at the downpipe flange (two cats in the downpipe type), but differs at the other end in that there is a notch between pipes to cylinders 3 & 4. I note that only one gasket (PN 76502761) is listed, which suggests both types would fit.

Am I safe to replace the 60676192 manifold with 60674621? Car is a 147, 2003 1.6TS 120HP.

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Thought all ts versions are either 4 or 5 bolt manifolds are the two types for cf3 engine.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
If your welder guy can securely strap the manifold onto a flat surface - he should be able to weld it up without it warping... Worth a try

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Gertie,

I was thinking about minimising off-the-road time if I simply swap the manifold for a good used one that fits. Unless I have trouble with bolts and studs, I could probably swap them over in an hour or so, but if I go down the welding route, the car will be off the road while I wait for the welder. This way I'll also have a repairable spare that I could get welded at my leisure. Fortunately, the car recently had a new clutch (ouch!) which meant the downpipe has been off so I know it will come off easily enough again.

I'm pretty sure that the two part numbers quoted in my original post will fit the same at both ends, but not 100%, unless someone out there knows better than I?

·
Registered
6,004 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The gasket to the head side is the same from 1.6, 1.8, 2.0, and even 16V JTD - that side will not be the problem, it is how it connects to the 2-into-1 down pipe.

There you get the 4 bolt pattern and 5 bolt pattern:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Rome...104032?hash=item2ca7857ba0:g:-QUAAOSwoydWojU0
Krümmer Abgaskrümmer 60676192 Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 TS 937 | eBay

They will not be interchangeable without serious modification on the 2-pipe flange
Thanks Gertie,

looks likee I'm out of luck. I'll check in the morning, but I'm 99% sure mine is the five-bolt type and those on Ebay are all four bolt. There are a couple of five bolts on European sites (as you know, having found one yourself), but they are a lot more expensive, even before shipping.

Guess it's the welder after all.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the end, I got the manifold welded by a company called Quest Motorsport just outside Rochford, who I would recommend. They fixed the crack and ran welds around all four pipes where they meet the flange. they also removed what was left of the two studs at the downpipe end of the manifold (replacing these studs with nuts and bolts is a job suited to a gynaecologist).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts