Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys my 2.0 ts engine woes at idle, but only when hot after a long run.
My mechanic is pretty certaines it's the pump.does it Sound Likely?
If the pump males that noise, is it due for a change/ would it ve dangerous?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had the aux bealt removed without result. If it were to be one of the pulleys would the noise not be present at All times ? I find it Strange that it depends on the engine temperature wether or not it makes the noise.
Does anyone know if the noise would be an indication of a pump on the edge of exploding or what ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually the radiator is not superb, but the gauge shows normal temperature.
It should be mentioned, that the pump has driven 8000 km. but has recently been moved from my old engine which died.
Could that have anything to do with it ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats bitter as the parts are basically brand new.
What's the experience with the belt parts etc. from ebspares. Is the quality as good as the original ones ?

C

·
0 Posts
You've not been clear as to exactly what kind of noise it's making. Could it be the bracket between the exhaust manifold and the engine block that's making the noise?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chriss155:
I'm sure the noise comes from within the belt-cover. The sound is very similar to the one a brand new belt makes. i just find it strange, that the noise is only present at idle, and when the engine is hot.
The pump didn't make any noise on the other engine, so somewhere in the process of moving the pump over, it must have been damaged. Maybe the belt is too tight
? if so, can i just lossen the pulley, or should i mount cam locks to be sure that the timing doesn't move?

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Water Pumps rarely fail on twin sparks too.
... but they do fail ... my last one only lasted 40K miles .. the original 124K!!

Over-tightening the belt can cause the bearings to fail prematurely.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts