Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone seen, know of or own my old 33.

It was officially "Scum spec" but I butchered a rotten Turismo for trim and Recaro leather/alicantara interior.

It's a red Series 3
Reg: J702 GMT

Let me know, would love to know it's not been neglected or able to buy back.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Haven't seen this one..... :rolleyes::cheese:

·
Registered
953 Posts
I asked Paul Hide the aroc registrar and he doesn't know of it.
Last taxed in 2004 so it's probably dead and gone by now.
But you never know it may be tucked away in someone's garage awaiting the light of day.
What model was it?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was a 16v that had cloth trim originially. I swapped it for recaro P4. It was sold in Horley near Gatwick with new mot and 6 months tax in 2003 for £550 to a young guy. It came from Maidenhead and was well known to Fewsy at Alfa Aid and very well maintained. It was low miliage and no crunches on gears. It had new brakes, clutch and master cylinder. It had K&N cone was poly bushed and had no rust anywhere. It was on Super Turismo alloys and was lowered. It had a decent exhaust too.

The guy got a bargain from me. I bought it off a student at Portsmouth Uni, who lived in Maidenhead out of term time and he wasn't using it. I paid £200 for it.

From memory it was really fast and throaty.

A friend Peter was called last week from a guy who was given his number at a random race track who has offerred him a late plate 33 16v with same interior as mine? The car is in Chichester in Sussex, so just maybe a one in a million it could be my old 33 as with Pete he is always jammie at finding interesting finds. He only wants £300 for it and its up the road from me.

Fingers crossed

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
car

Did you sell the car to someone called Andrew gates if it was him then he does not have it anymore or was it David Peters as he does not have any alfa s left as well.
If it was neither of the two above I know someone in Horley that has two 33 s one is a p and a series 2 33 veloce.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Pat, long time no see.

It was a young Indian guy but didn't want to trivialise his race. I can tell you where he lived and could drive there. You come off m23 at Crawley/East Grinstead and turn immediately left at roundabout then second left then a right, then drive to end and turn right on culdersac and his house was mid terrace.

I am thinking he bought car to break in 2003 as he didn't tax it 2004? Michele and Paul might have it back at his house as Peter says he has many 33s, Sprint and Suds at his house and loads at Italtek MDZ yard. I will ring Michele tomorrow and ask him if he has any leads.

Really missing Alfasud :( and group meets - 33s are getting rare and despirate to get another but hope to track my old one down first

1 - 8 of 8 Posts