Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

I'm currently in South Africa I was always a Alfa admirer but never owned one.

I Just decide to make it happen before my 40tys.

I'm still debating with my pillow if I should go for a 147 3door 1.6/2.0 or 156 2.0/2.5(v6) or maybe the Sportwagon, most probably between 2000 and 2002 (thats my $ target )

For my own good i'm actually living in German's Car Land where u can't believe the proportion of BMW, Merc , AUDI(now is AUDI time), and ofcourse VW.

And I say for my own good beacuse I want an ALFA which is absolutely underated undervalued and over-feared (read reliability fame) +delaers unefficiency.

All this scenario wil let u get one masterpiece like the ALFAS for as little as 10% of the 0Km price with a specimen rounding the 5-7 years old[thanks to very kind people wanting to loose all that money buy new ones , :) ].

I do only worrie about one thing. As I said this is German car paradise (why don't u buy BMW and cut the crap... some may say) and because of this is not so easy to find knowledge or not SO-expensive parts and maybe the ALFA-is-Going-to-LEt-you-in-themiddle-of-the-road-and-broke sindrome is get into me..

But in any case I'm moved by the heart an ALFA right now and just to contradict my German car lovers fellows I've seen many people crying by the garage bill of their beloved ULTRA-reliable Teutonic cars.

:)

By the way , Fantastic forum

Regards
Daniel

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
hello Daniel :)

·
Registered
9,805 Posts
Hi Daniel, welcome to AO
Great to see another SA member......go for it.....147 2.0 manual would be top of my list and then 2.5 Sportswagon if you have a family
You will always have small problems with 5 - 6 year old cars
Enjoy it on here and keep us posted

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
hello Daniel and welcome to Ao....... :)

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Hello and welcome:D

P.s Get a 156 2.5 v6

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
Hello Daniel and Welcome to the forum :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts