Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It really annoys me when you ask for some help in all good faith. Then the person you seek assistance from decides you have an ulterior motive and publicly denounces you. This has happened to me recently and frankly it really erodes your faith in human nature. Its no wonder people are reticent to go to the aid of others for fear of castigation themselves. It won't stop me, but it will make me think twice about the objectivity of people and trust will become harder to come by.

short and sweet

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
I hear you! :tut: Nothing but stress

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Trust, Friend and Love are 3 words used to freqently in modern life. I trust few, friendly to less and love little.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Story of our generation perhaps.

Often there's conflict when we enter into loyalties with a third party at the detriment of our own independence. Such things are bound to erode the way we are pecieved by others.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Trust no-one apart from yourself ;););)

E

·
0 Posts
Depends on the environment. I am always willing to help people, but at work have been stabbed in the back all too often so I am always hesitant in helping out. My job changed in April and I have a new reporting line, but I am only just at the point of trusting my new boss not to set me up and make an **** of me.

Reading that back I should add (just in case he comes across this!) it isn't that I belive my boss would, just that it is what I got used to. Luckily the worst culprit has now left. The worst instance with her was at one point denying agreeing to some work I did, and getting someone else to send a stroppy email out copying all of senior management on.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not good when people use others like that to feather their own nest.

It amazes me that some firms see the instigation of discipline proceedures as a performance indicator. Surely they can see how this sort of thing gets abused.

Managers who are rewarded for saving money and overtime while the quality of the product they produce suffers and sales plummet.

A

·
0 Posts
well its like this for me,,,,
i work in the public sector which entales driving from job to job in my council van. if i see somebody in destress by the road ill stop and help as my van is well equipped with tools allbeit chippies tools lol.
my motto is 5 mins can normally make a massive difference to someones plite.

S

·
0 Posts
well its like this for me,,,,
i work in the public sector which entales driving from job to job in my council van. if i see somebody in destress by the road ill stop and help as my van is well equipped with tools allbeit chippies tools lol.
my motto is 5 mins can normally make a massive difference to someones plite.
Wow! Good man :thumbs:

Usually the boys in the council vans round my way hide in some sidestreet and have a nap.

S

·
0 Posts
Linlithgow a lovely town by the way.

Uphall not as nice which is why I moved back to Belfast :)
I lived in uphall briefly many years ago. I'd rather be in Lithgae. Although I'll never be truly accepted as I'm not a Black B!tsch

(a BB is the traditional name for a native of this town and not an insult. Alex Salmond is one I believe)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts