Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking through posts on the GTV forum I found some great pictures of Trusestrikk's speaker installation. :-
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...ne-had-a-speaker-upgrade-gtv.html#post1940305

On the second picture listed (Not displayed in post) he has what appears to be custom mountings for the door speakers. I've attempted leaving him a PM but his box is full. (I pressume with posts from GTV owners wishing for a better speaker set up.)

Can anyone advise if the custom build on his doors is availble to purchase or if it is something I would need to buy/get made. Finally what sort of money would we be talking about just for these speakers and customisation of the doors?

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
they will be custom-built 'door pods' built to fit the door. it presumably involves an mdf wood base (which makes it easy to secure to the door trim), mdf speaker rings to hold the speakers, then a process of cloth/fibreglass/resin/bog to build the shape.

this won't be difficult for a skilled installer, but does take time; time to design as much as time to build. and this is where the cost goes. actual materials (wood, fibreglass, etc) won't be much.

in australia, i would expect a pair of door pods like that to cost around AUS$600~800, which is probably UK$400+.

looking at the install, i strongly suspect he paid an ICE store to do it rather than DIY. cos the work looks good, but the quality of the components!!!??? :tut: sony xplod just doesn't cut it if you're a true enthusiast who actually LISTENS to music, rather than go for chav bling bling that equates to 'loud noise'. :D *harsh but true*

:)

·
Registered
205 Posts
looking at the install, i strongly suspect he paid an ICE store to do it rather than DIY. cos the work looks good, but the quality of the components!!!??? :tut: sony xplod just doesn't cut it if you're a true enthusiast who actually LISTENS to music, rather than go for chav bling bling that equates to 'loud noise'. :D *harsh but true*

:)
Looks like they spent all the money on the install and had nothing left for high quality components...bit like the Lotus Elise, great design and car but no interior!!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks Shiny Car. I'll have to go to a store once I've more cash. My GTV is a bottomless pit when it come to cash. If it isn't keeping it running it is making small but expensive improvements.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You could always try building your own door pods. It's easier than you might think.

Thanks Zegalini. How long did that take and do you have any pics of them installed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts