Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, all.

a couple of days ago, the logo on the trunk to open it stopped working. nothing happens when i press on in. however, the remote key trunk release works. (giulietta 2.0 jtdm2 170ps)

i've seen a similar thread here, but the messages were rather about failed remote key trunk release. before visiting a mechanic: is there a separate fuse for this button? or, is there an easy to perform mechanical check? it didn't look particularly simple to remove the plastic cover inside the trunk to check for a mechanism underneath. or is it?

thanks for ideas.

·
Registered
201 Posts
hello, all.

a couple of days ago, the logo on the trunk to open it stopped working. nothing happens when i press on in. however, the remote key trunk release works. (giulietta 2.0 jtdm2 170ps)

i've seen a similar thread here, but the messages were rather about failed remote key trunk release. before visiting a mechanic: is there a separate fuse for this button? or, is there an easy to perform mechanical check? it didn't look particularly simple to remove the plastic cover inside the trunk to check for a mechanism underneath. or is it?

thanks for ideas.
What's a 'trunk'?

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
hello, all.

thanks for ideas.
On topic... it could be a problem with the wiring loom. I had trouble with my previous Giulietta twice in that region and it might be worth taking to your car to an auto electrician. They can either replace the loom (or you can do it yourself, there are a few threads around detailing where you can buy the replacement looms and fitment) or repair the wiring as is.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:) maybe, i should have used 'luggage compartment' instead of trunk. to be honest, i did hesitate also between words open/release, latch/button, logo/badge.

anyways, i was hoping it will start working in a couple of days, but no luck. i will search a bit more with different keywords about related threads.

thanks y'all :)

ps: me no native english speaker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts