Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three times now during the current snow and cold weather, I've unlocked my 159 and the info-screen has told me that the trunk is open, which it was, even though I hadn't pressed the keyfob button - OK first time I thought it may have been me, but by the third time...:confused:

Has anyone else suffered from sub-zero poltergeist?

·
Registered
121 Posts
since its so easily pressed. Isn't common sense for ar to programme the fob to open the boot when one presses and holds the button instead of pressing once?

N

·
0 Posts
I dunno what it is with the 159 but the boot 'n' bonnet are
quite reluctant to close compared to the Brera. :confused:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ive had exactly the same with my 159. Only picked it up on thursday and its happened three times, im thinking i must do it by holding the button when im putting it into the ignition?? I also say "oh for F*!%s sake" and as i get out to shut it i think wow that looks good.... and all is well again.....
:)

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'm always opening mine as I get out holding the fob in my hand, so blooming sensitive

·
Registered
25 Posts
A lovely Alfa-ism I think...when walking away from the car after locking I now revert to holding the key just by the key fob and then carefully placing safe in a drawer once in the house. The sensitivity of the button + inter-galatic range = cough near button and boot opens. Do not lock car and put keys straight in pocket = entire boot contents will be missing on return :)

Oh, and I've never, never, ever been sat in stationary traffic (motorway queues perhaps...wanting to look at map), gone to turn on interior light and opened boot my mistake...never, no never... :rolleyes:

N

·
0 Posts
There's no boot release inside the cabin on the 159.

A critical piece of gadgetry for the quick-stop airport
run.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
. The sensitivity of the button + inter-galatic range
Oh yes! the inter-galactic range. Twice now I've got passers-by at the local Morrison's by pressing the unlock from WAAAAAY distant. Poor sods go vertical and look guilty when it beeps at them:lol:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
It wouldn't matter so much that the boot seems to open by itself, if it also CLOSED by itself as well. Which it doesn't.

I'm seriously considering taking a knife to that part of the button, cutting it out, and just using the roof switch.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Oh yes! the inter-galactic range. Twice now I've got passers-by at the local Morrison's by pressing the unlock from WAAAAAY distant. Poor sods go vertical and look guilty when it beeps at them:lol:
Intergalactic range does come in useful when I'm standing on the station platform, and can't remember whether I locked the car - saves a long (undignified) run back to the car to check :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,405 Posts

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
There is in my 06 159.
and my 07 :thumbs up:
and my 07:thumbs:

No badge button though.....:(
It changed on the MY08 cars. I miss it, but the boot badge button is ok. Not sure why you find it slows things down Nev? Can't you just tell the person you are dropping off to push the badge?

Luckily we have an 06 as well, so I can be all James Bond about opening the boot in that one :D

N

·
0 Posts
Not sure why you find it slows things down Nev? Can't you just tell the person you are dropping off to push the badge?

Nah, people are lazy/credulous: "Huh, what do you mean press the badge....?"
AT which point you have to get out and show them or stop the car
and pull the key to use the remote.

Easier to pull into the drop-off lane, pop the boot, they
get out, open the boot, grab their bags and the moment
the boot slams I'm out of there.

;)

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts