Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it sounds stupid this Q. , but I was wondering the trunk light does it go out when you close the trunk?

Reason of these question is that the 6month old bulb has to be replaced again , it was complete metal- black as if it had continue "burn-hours" for past 6months??

Is there an switch for the trunk light , and if yes were does it sit.

·
Administrator
46,102 Posts
There is a switch, and it should go out, but it seems to be something prone to failing. It's a microswitch attached to the boot catch mechanism on the boot lid.
Does your car have a 'door open' warning diagram on the dashboard? And does the light for the boot on that work properly? If that's working, then so should your boot light be.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bazza said:
There is a switch, and it should go out, but it seems to be something prone to failing. It's a microswitch attached to the boot catch mechanism on the boot lid.
Does your car have a 'door open' warning diagram on the dashboard? And does the light for the boot on that work properly? If that's working, then so should your boot light be.

No warning panel for boot light , only for the headlights and some other parts.
It is an 94 model.

maybe the swith is broken , will look into it
thx

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
There's meant to be a boot warning light? Even on the 'basic' check panel?

·
Administrator
46,102 Posts
I'm not sure on the 155. But on the 145 there's a little display, a red light comes on next to any door that is open, and the boot is included.

·
Administrator
46,102 Posts
Oh right. That doesn't help then. Do the rear seats fold down at all? If so you could check if the light is on through them.
If not, you'll have to shut someone in the boot.
And no, I'm not volunteering.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
your rear seat should have, what is called a 'ski hatch', for when you are being a stylish italian person and skiing in the alps, however it i basically a hatch behind the armrest, unlocked by the main key, and it drops down into the boot area, and behold you will be able to find out if your fridge light stays on when you close the door, i mean when you close the boot.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I spent the whole of saturday in the trunk , lucky somebody had heared me scream , yes the trunk light stayed on .
Lots of room in the trunk , think the maffia can use the 155 to move a corpse or two.

So that was my week-end :cheese:

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Alfie155 said:
Only 4 warning lights for the doors - not the boot, on my 155
Don't think there is a warning light for the boot, not on mine anyway, which explains the flat battery on more than one occasion :( Make sure you close the boot lid fully unlike me :)

san

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've noticed that my trunk light was on when i shut down the lights in my garage :rant: . Had to disconnect the cable of the light couze the trunk was closed properly. no doubt it's that switch not funcional, maybe becouze of the low temperatures (~ -25 C°). Anyway will deal with it later ;)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys,
It is very easy to check if the boot light stays on without having to go into the car via the ski hatch.

Open the boot and push the latch inwards by hand as it would do when you slam it shut. The light should go off, if it doesn't then your light stays on all the time. Don't forget to re-set the latch by pressing the button in the glove box before shutting your boot or you will bugger up the lock mechanism.

T.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TAZ said:
Guys,
It is very easy to check if the boot light stays on without having to go into the car via the ski hatch.

Open the boot and push the latch inwards by hand as it would do when you slam it shut. The light should go off, if it doesn't then your light stays on all the time. Don't forget to re-set the latch by pressing the button in the glove box before shutting your boot or you will bugger up the lock mechanism.

T.

No wonder my battery runed dry every 5 dayz

1 - 13 of 13 Posts